The Firearms Forum banner

Picked up a XD-S yesterday

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  clamman 
#1 ·
I've been wanting one, and while I was running errands I gave my local gun store a ring just to see, and lo and behold she said one just came in. It was like I was pulled into a tractor beam from that store. I felt like a slave being called from my master:bow::bow:

Came in, held it, had to have it! This thing is the cat's meow. Extremely light and well built. I want to take it out back and run it so bad, but we've had rain every day for two weeks or more, and my woods is now a swamp. When it dries up I'll slather some skeeter spray on and try it out, then report back. I believe from the positive reviews and comments from other shooters who have one, it's going to be a keeper!:dance::dance:

#4 ·
I bought an XD(m) in .40 S&W and did not like it. Later I thought I would give it another try so I bought an XD in .357 Sig and just did not like it either. They just didn't feel good in my hand so I am afraid to try an XD-S. Will never buy another gun with XD anything. But that is just me, good luck with your new pistol and enjoy it. Be sure to post a range report.

#7 ·
I bought an XD(m) in .40 S&W and did not like it. Later I thought I would give it another try so I bought an XD in .357 Sig and just did not like it either. They just didn't feel good in my hand so I am afraid to try an XD-S. Will never buy another gun with XD anything. But that is just me, good luck with your new pistol and enjoy it. Be sure to post a range report.
To each their own..I think the xdm is probably the best poly gun on the market in its price range. Not sure about the single stack...I dont buy poly guns anymore.

#8 ·
Range report (kinda)

I took it out back the other day and I'll tell ya the mosquitos are almost the worst I have ever seen. Set up a pie plate at 12 paces. First shot was low and to the left of the plate. Amazingly, the next nine were in the plate, shooting offhand using both hands. The gun functioned perfect and has a little more recoil than my full size 1911. I would not want to shoot it all day, but this thing is sweet. My new carry gun. Now those damm mosquito bites:rant::rant::rant:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.