Picking a holster for cpl

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by LyleLovett666, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Your welcome to stop by. Your going right by on I-10.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. langenc

langenc Member

Besides most shooters having a box of holsters, most gun shops do also.

Check em out. Most can be had for 5-10 bucks. If you dont like it take it back and swap for another 5 or so.

If you find a good one go to ebay and look for it. There are thousands on ebay-lefties have an especially good prices. Be patient. What you want will come along./
  3. Cajun Chooter

Cajun Chooter New Member

this is a little off topic on which holster to buy... but since reading the replys to his post...
    why don't the folks that have a "box" of holsters they don't use.. why not list them for sale ? it might help others and bring a little cash for other goodies...?
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I just ordered that Galco concealable belt holster from MIdway (on the Galco page in Midway catalog), hope it works. I think it was $83, but I have other Galco holsters and have always been satisfied with them. I've gotten into the habit of when I order a holster from Midway, I usually order a belt too; bunch in their catalog. The Galco & HUme & DeSantis belts are 40-50-60 bucks, but they are heavy duty, never wear out. Gun belts are 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches wide; heck I wear them everyday in jeans gun or not.

It pains me spending money at Midway, I buy at my local gun shop as much as possible; that catalog with all the pictures, I can't resist.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Those of us that carry on the outside of our belts dont have much problem with finding a holster. A good galco belt holster is all you need. I have used a don hume slide for a long time but if your barrel is protruding past your holster and you have leather furniture, you might want to get a holster that covers the barrel. I am using a galco now and I like it alot.
  6. Cajun Chooter

Cajun Chooter New Member

anyone familar with the Galco King Tuk holster ? any feedback would be appreciated...

tia
  7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

picked up a soft armor nylon owb holster. holds my sccy9 and my cobra380 well with no strap. I do way too much bending and lifting each day to go with something rigid that digs into my ribs. If in a different occupation, probably would go with leather as it doesn't get hot.