1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Picking peppers from the garden

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deacon_Man, Oct 7, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

here is what i harvested
    [​IMG]
    my sunnie loves hot peppers. here she is eating a poblano pepper.
    [​IMG]
  2. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Wow, you got quite a haul too. Your dog likes hot peppers? That is pretty crazy. :) If I eat the really hot stuff they burn on both ends. I wouldn't think a dog would like that. I don't, only 1 end.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Now's the time to make pickled peppers !

Apple cider or white vinegar, canning/pickling salt, a handful of crushed garlic cloves, some onion. I generally use a 2-1 ration of vinegar to water, a handful of salt, slice the onions thick l Wash and stuff the onion garlic and whatever mixture of peppers you want into a 1-gallon pickle jar. Fill with brine, cap and put in a fridge or very cool place. In a couple of weeks, enjoy !

You can also add other veggies like cauliflower to the jar if desired. Hard boiled eggs go well, too ! Want the sweet/sour thing ? Add a handful of brown sugar to the brine - but I suggest heating it to dissolve the sugar - then cooling it to room temp before adding to your "pickles" ! You can also add whatever spices/herbs you like ( say dill, or mint, etc) to the brine if the spirit moves you to ! Its all good ! >MW
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012