Pics? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by bunnyhunter12, Jul 16, 2007.

1. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Who'd like to post some pics of their favorite knives?

I was going to start a Ka-Bar pic thread, then I thought a combat/fighting knife/bayonet thread would get more results, THEN I thought awww hell, just a KNIFE pic thread would be cool.

Post pics of anything you got with an edge (boy I'm opening myself up to the jokers posting their Gillette Mach 3s) that you want to show off. I'll try and get some up when I get near my parent's place again, I ain't don't got no digi-cam for myself.

Don't just post your pretty pieces, we want to see your work-horse, everyday use, still got a little bit of last nights supper on it, knives.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

How about some of the junk I have laying around?
    None of the good knives are in these pics though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

I don't know Pickenup, the bayonets look pretty nice, I like Estwing hatchets and I've used a milsurp Bolo machete ever since I was big enough to lift one.
  4. cec

cec New Member

I do not have a large collection of edged items. But here are few of my favorites.

Gil Hibben Silver Shadow and Dragon Lord. Buck 505 (used to be my carry knife). Barlow (white one). Smith and Wesson 150th anniversary by Taylor Cutlery.

All featured on the Blue Couch (tm) that seems to be in most pictures I have put up here. :D

Attached Files:

5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Here is a Carter Custom HD with spring assist...I will post up some more later, but this is my favorite.

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

6. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Active Member

7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Pickenup! Where did you did you find my Case 3 blade? :D

I think the Black Hole of Lost Knives are in CO!
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Hey pick...One more question...You know how to make those balisongs sing? :D

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

• P.22.jpg
      P.22.jpg
      File size:
      90.5 KB
      Views:
  9. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Crp, Regarding your last pic, with the P22, and the knife ................. The KNIFE, what is it? Where'd you get it? How much? Do they offer a slightly longer blade? I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT. Looks mean :D :D :D. Can I get a plain blade? I don't really like serrations.
  10. Birdville2011

Birdville2011 New Member

Crpdeth, that knife is military issue isn't it?
  11. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

Now this is a pocket knife! It measures 22 inches open.
    The little one next to it is a switch blade paratrooper knife.

Attached Files:

12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Brother Man...All I can say is that you have to get over your fear of serrations. :D

Seriously though, you are really kinda lucky to find one of these anymore...Sorry I've been so busy at work...I saw these responses a few days ago and just never had time to respond like I wanted to. Here are the only two Tactools on Fleabay that I could come up with. Tactool #1...Looks like someone COULD luck out and get this next one pretty dang cheap. Tactool #2

As you see the 550 paracord that is wrapped around the handle of mine is not "factory" but something that I did after purchasing it.

Heres the story that I got on it...A couple friends of mine operate a gun shop here in town, they said that a timid little woman came in one morning and said that her hubby had just returned from Iraq and she threw a fit because he brought some menacing looking items back with him and left them out where the kids could reach them... So while he was snoozing she was pawning...I dont believe everything I hear, but it is kind of neat to think that this hunk of steel was over there, worn by a brave young man who was protecting my freedom.

Here is another look at the Tactool (pic #1) and the other knife that was purchased by my friends from the lady. It's a Spec Plus from Ontario USA which now hangs from the shoulder strap of my LBV.

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Also....

All the pics of my Fred Carter didnt turn out like I had hoped, so I'm going to toss up one more. :D

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

14. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

This knife is one that I actually found on the ground in Dallas Tx, I'm sure some thug had a LEO do a U-turn on him so he started tossing stuff. :D

Anyway, by the time I found it, it was covered in rust...I wish I had done a before and after pic because it was a mess, but it came out okay.

Camp USA, satin blade.

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Hey Bunny!

This one may be exactly what you are looking for...The blade isant boxed off, but there are no serrations either. Combat Utility 7...It looks like the Crewman to me...There are also a Brute and a Campanion which look damn cool to me...

Keep your eyes on Ebay, with searches like "Becker knife and tool" and BK&T, Becker Brute, Becker Campanion, ect...They are getting hard to find, but I bet that you'll find one that suits you at this stage...A year from now, they'll be gone.

Crpdeth
  16. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Thanks Crp, it's a little too rich right now but I'll keep them in mind. They sure look like some sweet knives.

For the record, I got no "fear of serrations", I just like a plain blade because I like to whittle while the stew is coming around over the campfire;) . I carry one of my serrated folders for cutting rope and tough materials.

I think I'm going to start looking in to getting some siblings for my Ka-Bar U.S.M.C. soon though. I've been on the Ka-Bar site a lot over the last few weeks just dreaming................. I will have a few of the Heavy Bowies, Camp knives, Kukri Machetes, Cutlass Machetes.... oh I could go on and on.
  17. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

I know Brother...I was just ribbing ya. :D

Just a thought though, those other knives you are wanting will most likely always be available while the Beckers wont and the value will only go up.

I know the price is high...I HATE to spend money, but you'd never regret it.

Oh, and I want a Kukuri too! :p

Crpdeth
  18. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Good point, only problem is if I get a Becker, I won't USE it because they're no longer in production. Then again they do look SOOOOOO sweet. Maybe I can justify buying one if I fortify with Capt. Morgan dark rum before I go online to buy.

Knife collecting is surely a disease, I actually get a little ill when I see something I really want and know I can't afford it. Those Beckers are making me feel more than a little green since I got no "green" in the bank right now. It's like the old song just with one word changed, "my eyes keep me in trouble, I want every KNIFE(woman) I see."

What to do, What to do. Well no point in worrying about it for two weeks anyway since this paycheque is already spoken for with rent and electricity bills. Two weeks time, the cheque is all mine to play with, then we'll see.....
  19. Michael G

Michael G New Member

Pickenup.....I think you missed one. Do you have one of these or have you or anyone in the forum seen one? It was made by the Imperial Steel knife company as the grand prize in those old crane operating booths at state fairs and carnivals (from what they told me about it's history). I think the time period was in the 1930's but I can't remember.

Attached Files:

20. Michael G

Michael G New Member

Sorry, I hit on the wrong picture. Here it is.

Attached Files: