pic's from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Jul 29, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I suppose if you live to get old enough as a grunt , you get to see it all

i once had a new straight out of school LT by the name of Jennings

Mr Jennings is now CO ( light Colonel !) of the joint task force in Tarin Kowt

i got some pic's if you'd like em

is some weapons found when following some of these folks

what you dont see on TV , US and Aussie medics evac a injured Afghani kid for surgery after being shot by his jihadist older brother ..

Next is Mr Jennings on his first Patrol as CO with British and Dutch troops

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

And this reprobate they made REGIMENTAL SERGEANT MAJOR!

good lord i am old ..

Attached Files:

3. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

what is that aug like??? And nice pics I love any pics you have Jack :)
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'd like it in 7.62 ruski or NATO better , but thats me

it does the job.. got the jamming sorted a while back now

we make em here now..

mag's need a good look at but its otherwise ok

tin can at 300 standing unsupported every time no worries

just tin cans dont shoot back ;)

cheers

cory, a pic of my last rig

a light patrol/ambush rig

[​IMG]

and the next gen one on trial in Afghanistan now but with metal storm going bust , i dunno where that'll go

[​IMG]
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good pictures Jack, and thanks for posting.
    You never much see any pictures on the news, and on local channels, cbs, nbc, abc...if one didnt know there was a war going on, well these "people" dont cover it much! They hit the "basics" at the start of the program about Afganistan and such, and then it's off to " goofy stuff" that dont mount to a hill of beans.
  6. big steve

big steve New Member

Yeah Jack thanks for posting.
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Only coverage is body count and any civilian that gets in the way of a bullet. Younger is better. Female and young better still. My youngest son says the lowest thing out there is the young female. Makes him angry the way they generally treat their little girls.

Enjoy your pictures Jack.
  8. JTWY

JTWY New Member

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Gotta love them BHPs. And that Steyr bullpup is killer:)
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

JLA< The rules changed (again) in 1999 , only "issue" weapons could be carried

and why my .45 aint in the pic, the HP is a good weapon, reliable as all heck i just like the one shot stop of a .45 with a hollow point that looks like it could eat a truck

JTWY<
    yeah the military has the BEST toys, but i was a Australian Serviceman.

You folks be allies, we fight side by side , but serving anyone ? only on Anzac day and thats rum and coffee, and that to anyone who's served , but only those who've served

Love ya troops, any of them are welcome in my place

hate ya government and all its bred...

dont take offence , i got decorations from the US and the UN, you aught to hear what i have to say about the friggin UN , but i'll fight alongside the dutchies and krauts anyday , good folks , go hard ...

(i'll pass on the french military , but the LE', good folks too)

i did 28 years in the military and got to befriend a good bunch of folks from many nations , and now with the net i've the chance to keep up with them all

folks still serving and those elsewhere
    and some of that i hope you find of interest

yes my mates are backing your friends and family in Iraq and Afghanistan

you back us as well

but we are not serving anyone but the global interests for peace and security

there is a document called ANZUS

it mean if the USA is attacked we consider that a attack on us , its the world's longest existing military agreement

we help each other

i came to the US to help after Katrina 300+ aussies came

I'm a volunteer here too and how i got roped into that thats part of "our" deal too,

helping out in times of need

but its not serving America

its just being a good mate
  11. 199er

199er New Member

........Me too Jack, In the mid 70s and mid 80s I was stationed in Germany and my unit spent some field time conducting joint manuevers and airmoble training with french armored and infantry units and frankly they didn't impress me. Most all their officers and NCOs we worked with acted very aloof around the other NATO troops and really didn't display alot of respect to any of us.

Most of the French platoon, company, and higher up leadership seemed to have a very high opinion of themselves tactically and professionally, and generally looked down there noses at us............................There enlisted soldiers acted just the opposite. They were friendly and were always wanting to "trade stuff" with us.

One of the worst airmobiles I ever went on was during an operation called Flintlock with the Fench.............in a their Puma helicopters. That thing shook ,shimmied, and rattled from take off to insertion (about a twenty minute ride). I actually thought the chopper was going down especially after I noticed that many rivets in the fusalage appeared to be loose and were making a terrible vibrating noise.......................found out later that the Puma was constructed that way and the vibration was 'normal' for the Puma series helicopter.

The French were not full time NATO members, they were actually part time Nato members and only trained with NATO when then wished to. I always figuered this was the main reason for their behavior of their officers and some NCOs toward other nations military. They really displayed an aggorance and to some degree actual contemp for soldiers that were not french.............................I was not impressed with the regular french troops.

On a lighter note thanks for posting the pictures. They're very interesting and don't get to see pictures such as those on our news (reason already mentioned above).

I did especially like the photo of your ambush patrol 'goodies' and also saw a few of my all time favorites too; the 40mm M203 grenade launcher attachment on you personal weapon; the deadly Claymore mine: the anti-tank weapon in the top of the picture (is it a M72a2 LAW?) plus the hand grenades and pistol for 'close in work'..........................your "light" ambush/patrol equipment looks like it weighs at least 50-60 pounds.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

It would go to that ,

300 rnd 5.56 in mag's
    200rnd 5.56 loose

18 HE 40mm
    6 Illum

i would of liked some cannister shot but they would not let us arm with it for Afghanistan, its a cluster munition..

4 Frag grenades
    2 WP

200 -400 Rnd link for the gun
    2-4 Claymores
    2 LAAW's ( yeah M 72 here too , some designations we keep some we dont )

maybe a spare battery for the radio

maps, GPS, compass, torch , med stuff

all for a walk to go meet the neighbors ;)
  13. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Thank You for posting, I am not a vet but have the utmost respect and admiration for all vets past and present. Keep posting pics so that those of us who never served and get at least a small sense of just how much sacrifice that all vets and their families go through. Thanks again!!
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I hear ya brother. It doesnt take many shots to get the point across when the bullet resembles a lugnut...
  15. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

You've got my respect Jack. Man you must have seen a lot of ****.
  16. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Jack,

Any idea why some of the rifles are different colors in the top pic....different tribes?
  17. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

only bad parts losing mates , that sucks , the rest , heck i'm dumb and dont know any better .. to me its been a grand life ,

good mates , we got a lot done , set some entire nations free ,

yeah the only thing i'd change would be the losses ..

and to be back in the ghan to do it right .. and not this footsey game we have now thats just chewing us up and letting them walk , thats a new one on me and i see why its screwed your folks so bad in VN .. horrid horrid feeling knowing you could win , if the powers that be would just let you ..
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

they smuggle em in in aid sacks of food from pakistan and cut the stocks and wood to make em fit after we started raiding stashes they started moving their stocks to pakistan and this is how they come back

they cut em in a arrow type cut and then drill a hole in both put a small rod in and tape it all together , i think its whats handy .. some are just brown packing tape some bright colours ..

it may be tribal i honestly dunno

first job after making contacts with old friends was to go after the supply dumps they had

like these

Attached Files:

19. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Thans for posting those jack.

The videos of the Aussy special forces I posted a link to the other day, I have a question about them. I said I liked the patch of the black widow spider they wear but am I wrong on that spider. Is it actually the red back spider from Australia instead? IF so are the toxic and how bad? I saw a program that mentioned them living in grub holes once the grubs move on which got me to wondering if I was wrong on the patches on the Aussy special forces in that videos. Like I said, just wondering.
  20. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

what do they do with all that hardware? destroy it? issue it to the afghan army?