Pics of my GP100

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by BigZig, Mar 13, 2004.

1. BigZig

BigZig New Member

With Ultradot 30mm Red dot sight. What do you think?
    By the way, I am competing in my first Bowling pin match tomorrow with this...wish me luck.
    BigZig

Attached Files:

2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Luck! BZ!...I think with that RedDot y'alls gunna have fun tommorow...take some Pic's if ya can...;)
  3. potato_sniper

potato_sniper New Member

Sweet Setup BigZig.

I've got a GP just like that only blued instead of stainless, full heavy barrel and all. How did you mount up the red dot? I think that would defiinitely make the gun a little more fun to shoot.

BTW, how did the match go?

From one Ruger fan to another,
  4. BigZig

BigZig New Member

SGs & PS

I had the sight mounted by my gunsmith (John Blauvelt) in NY and he did an excellent job. It is rock-solid.

I haven't had such a good time as I did at the bowling pin match in a long time. The tables were set up with four pins on the bottom shelf and three on the top shelf at 10 yards. The table is 3 feet deep front to back on the bottom but not as deep on the top. Each contender loaded only six rounds (including autos). Since there were seven pins to shoot, you HAD to reload. I had bought speed loaders but have no experience using them so I was kind of slow but I managed to come in 5th out of seven contenders in my class (open revlover) with a best time of 28.04 seconds. I shot a total of 12 tables and that was my best. The winner of my class's time was 14.5 seconds!

They also had other classes of weapons - shotgun, auto/revolver, open auto, cowboy rifle, and even .22 pistol (these people shot pin heads, not the full pin). The Master Class range in Monroe, NY also had a great spread of rolls, pastries and coffee in the morning and a beautiful lunch too with a 7 foot hero, salads, different desserts, and even home made New England clamchowder made by one of the owners wives.

It was more of a fun day than competition day with a lot of good men and a few women also. A great time was had by all.
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

From one GP-100 owner to another......

GOOD STUFF OLE BOY..........:D