1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Pics of Squirrel Camp, TX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 21, 2004.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Great pics.
  3. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D great pics!
  4. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

That was beyond awesome.!
  5. 10X

10X Guest

nice pictures, but does the place ever dry out?

saving the truck from being swallowed by mud doesn't seem much like fun. :confused:
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The place does dry out. Just that this is the time of year for the rains. It took LTS and I two days to jack up the truck onto blocks and then get it out. Of course that meant jacking and drinking jack to get it out, but ole LTS came through with his mechanical genius and know how. My savior! I just didn't judge the start of the bog well and that is what got it stuck. At least he made me stop before I buried it up to the axles!

Glad y'all like the pictures.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Taking preventative measures to keep the truck from being swallowed may not be that much fun, but i assure you its even less fun if you don't.......

I've seen things so stuck in the mud that it took a backhoe to literally "dig" them out......."when" the backhoe could even reach it.... :mad:

mike
  8. Bill37W

Bill37W Guest

you hunt and eat them?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2004
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yup Bill, we kill and eat 'em. Shame you never had any of the squirrel stew we have eaten. You have never tasted something so good. I would never be embarrassed to admit I eat tree rats. You yankee's have no idea what your missing! Better yet, just stick to your quarter pounders and whoppers. I'll take squirrel stew any day!

Attached Files:

10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Bill, you're obviously referring to the basic Northern squirrel... a meek and mild creature indeed. ;) The Southern squirrel, on the other hand ... well, let's just say it's a whole other story ... :D
  11. Bill37W

Bill37W Guest

What is next in this mad life.
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I have one very fine daughter that would kill for either some good squirrel stew or, better yet, some fried squirrel. She says it's like filet mignon compared to fried rabbit or rabbit stew.

Our Tree Rats are BIG, JUICY, succulent and oh, SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD!!

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Edited after your next post: There're also very crafty and hard to catch. One has to be very, very good to even get one for the pot.....
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  13. Bill37W

Bill37W Guest

ah
  14. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

In case you wondered, I was born in Hartford and brought up on Mt. Dessert Island near Bass Harbor!!

I cut my teeth hunting up north until I moved south after college a hundred years ago!
  15. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

IPT, nice pics of the camp. If ya get to burried to bad up there give me a holler I got a few 4x's that'll yank ya out. w/out charge like the quacks next to us get I told ya bout. LTS on jackin and blockin does do the trick. but that lil factory screw jack had to make it fun. figured he'd have a tracktor jack "hi-lift" there at camp for back-up?

Crp, I figured you could tell by looking his truck is 2wd, easiest way look at his front wheel in the pic you can see it hasn't spun by the mud mark on his tire. Where the rear you can see it spun :D