The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#28 ·
Keola said:
Sorry about the big pictures..... this is first time I posted pictures on this site. I had a little problem when I tried to put the pictures on my reply, then I finally got it , then I tried to make them smaller, but obviously, I was unsuccessfull. Will try not to do it again.
I resized your pics a little smaller. ;)
Don't give up, Keola. We always like to see members' pics. :)

#31 ·
OK, I'll try to post a couple of pic's. Sorry these aren't photo-gallery quality...I just cannot seem to get the hang of what it takes to take a decent picture with this digital camera. Anyway, this picture shows an all correct (except the grips, which I have) old M1911 (made in 1918) with very little finish left along side one of Colt's new WW1 reintroductions. Quite a contrast.

#34 ·
Shooters Arms Manufacturing (SAM). Some may say it's junk, but I have heard many good things about them. I stripped it and it looks well put together, haven't got to shoot it yet - let you know what happens. Paid $319.99 incl. S&H on *********.com.

Attachments

#35 ·
Hi boomer, You ain't gonna believe this but there was a gunshow here in Mobile today and I overheard a guy that had the same gun as you griping that it had a bad problem with FTE's. Just a heads up, hope it works well for you. It may just be that his needed to be broken in, I don't know but at least 500 rounds to sort out any troubles. Let us know how it shoots!

#36 ·
I hope you're right. I have read several articles on it and they all gave good reviews on the pistol. Yea, many people don't realize that these guns need to be broken in with a few hundred rounds. It may have been that he need better lubrication on the rails as mine seems to be fairly tight (minute play) as 1911's go. We'll see!

#46 · (Edited)
My newest aquisition is a ever so gently used Springfield Ultra Compact for a song and I have made some changes to make it easier for concealed carry.

Bobbed and dehorned the hammer and grip safety tang, replaced the arched MSH with a flat checkered one from Wilson & added an extended thumb safety from McCormick. Added McCormick slim non-checkered grips & added a Wilson combat trigger. I also added Tritium Night Sights. I love it!!!

What'Cha Think???

I'm thinking of sending it off to Springfield to have the whole thing parkerized. I have two other parkerized guns and I love that finish.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.