The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#553 ·

#555 ·
Here's MR. Kimber..

ZERO FTE ZERO FTF in 600 rounds. has all been factory 230 grain FMJ
IT really loved the new remi UMC TARGET with the yellow lettering
and Hornady # 9097...the winchester black box bonded JHP 230 grains are very accurate in this weapon: also. IT didnt prefer winchester white box
or the old style remi green box...

Attachments

#557 ·
They're Corbon Glasser Pow'r Ball. It has a polymer ball inserted into a really wide hollow point. It has two purposes. It gives a "round-ball" profile to a hollow point for guns that jam with hollow points (not why I bought it). The second is that the polymer ball will push open the hollow point in a short barrel 45 with a lower velocity (that's why I bought them). I use them in my 3" Colt Defender.

#558 ·
They're Corbon Glasser Pow'r Ball. It has a polymer ball inserted into a really wide hollow point. It has two purposes. It gives a "round-ball" profile to a hollow point for guns that jam with hollow points (not why I bought it). The second is that the polymer ball will push open the hollow point in a short barrel 45 with a lower velocity (that's why I bought them). I use them in my 3" Colt Defender.
So it's just a hollow point shaped like a FMJ for feed reliability? How is the performance of that round in a 5" barrel 1911?

#559 · (Edited)
I have never had them jam in anything and they have a high velocity for a 45. In a 5" they approach 1300fps but they are also very light bullets (165 grains). I figure its a 40 cal bullet weight with a 9mm velocity and a 45 cal diameter; what's not to like?

#560 ·
I have never had them jam in anything and they have a high velocity for a 45. It a 5" it approaches 1300fps but its also a very light bullet (165 grain). I figure its a 40 cal bullet weight with a 9mm velocity and a 45 cal diameter; what's not to like?
Is it a +P or something?

#561 ·
#562 ·
Correct, they are +P loads.
I was wondering. When I saw 1300 fps I thought it was 10mm Auto for a second, but I heard .45 ACP +P travels around the same speed as factory 10mm Auto.

#563 ·
I was wondering. When I saw 1300 fps I thought it was 10mm Auto for a second, but I heard .45 ACP +P travels around the same speed as factory 10mm Auto.
The factory specs say 1225fps, but I have had them clock in at near 1270fps. Great stuff.

#565 ·
#570 ·
Nice springer there python and nice kimber too.

#574 ·
ok got rid of my itch and got my 1st 1911 STI spartan i guess i am one of the big kids now just got it today so know range report it feels good in my hand and cannot wait to shoot it i got the 9mm. After listening to all the reports just had too

#575 ·
ok got rid of my itch and got my 1st 1911 STI spartan i guess i am one of the big kids now just got it today so know range report it feels good in my hand and cannot wait to shoot it i got the 9mm. After listening to all the reports just had too
Congrats Beth; can't wait for the range reportS, there's going to be many of them! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.