The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#53 ·
LMAO Sam! The Gold Cup is still not broke in! The move to N. Alabam in 2002 has really set me behind in the shooting category! All I do is work when I'm off from work! Now that sounds dumb dont it?!

Now the Norinco I bought from you is now in my oldest son's hands. He loves it. I bought a 3rd Norinco that I gave to my youngest son. I need to send that on to Al for a look see. It is a little rough action/trigger wise. I just dont have time to do it myself.

Is Al still doing custom work? I have a job for him. Was thinking about you & Al yesterday.

#54 ·
Don, Al is still alive and well and doing some great work. As always, he is ready for a new project. He got into cowboy action shooting last year and doing some fantistic single action revolver work. I got to shoot a couple of revolvers he had just completed. In a word.......NICE.

Give him a call or send him an email.

BTW, you need to get out to shoot more. :D

#56 ·
This pic is of an auto ordnance 1911 that I did a little accuracy work on. The pistol was reliable and very accurate. Just after finishing the work, it was traded even for an AR-15. I still miss that one.

Frame to slide fit was perfect, 3# trigger with no creep, replaced all springs so function was never an issue. I hated the small sights and was going to replace them with BoMar adj but never got the chance before it was traded.

Attachments

#73 ·
Hydra Shok said:
My trusty Firestorm.... I think I'm the only one here that has one so I gotta show my support. :cool:
Naw!, There is another group member with a Firestorm.

myself.

I am very fond of it as it will put all the rounds in the magazine into the lid of a soupcan at 50' but my visionh and the tiny sights has put it into the shop for some Wilson Combat sites...Pick it up this week.

Pics later

I also am breaking in a Parts gun built on a DoubleStar Frame with an Itajuba (Imbel) slide and Wilson Combat sites. Ugly as sin! Rough as a cob and tighternell! Gonna duracoat it OD over Park

Yodar in orlando

#75 ·
:) Well I guess I'll throw my two cents in also.I love my Colts as much as my Walthers!Also these pistols have never been fooled with.All of them have the correct barrel and mags.The 1st is a1913 Army,1917 Government,1933 Boxed Ace and finally my service weapon when I was across the big pond.
Regards
Danny......And I think all of you guys have really nice collections.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.