The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#727 ·
That is a sweet looking firearm. I am thinking of getting another 1911 that I could shoot, all of the ones I have now are Govt. issued that are 70 to 100 years old. I shoot one of them but always get pinched by the hammer when I do. I don't want to modify the shooter because I want to keep it original.
Yea, this one is pretty nice for the money. I might have to add number 15 to the stable. ;)

#728 ·
Plus these which aren't in the pic.
Hey Limbkiller, I've never seen a trigger like that before, did it come from the factory with it?

#730 ·
Brass, thats 4 more than many folks have and a good start to a larger collection. Nice!

#734 ·
Well shucks. After a small amount of debate, I went ahead and got this rock island 2011 tactical. I have never had a rock island and out of all the 1911s I have, none have a rail, so, this one tempted me. Call me crazy, or whatever, I just call me "addicted". Sam said, why not get the spartan? I thought about that and said, well, maybe next time.......yea there will be more next times...:)
I like that the throat came nicely polished and ready. I havent put it thru its paces yet, maybe later today or tomorrow. I did tear it down and lube it with silver bullet, of course.

Attachments

#735 ·
Double D , if you don't like it I'll swap you a pt1911 w rail for it, I got it before these came out , been wanting the rock instead since I first saw one

#736 ·
Finally got into town and picked up the Kimber I bought a few months back, my first 1911 in 30 years. We have 8 revolvers, 44 to 460, only a couple 22 semis but I want to get one or two more 1911's before the snow shuts down our road. This Pro Carry II has the crimson trace option and looks ok. Only problem I see so far is the slide stop and notch which doesn't operate properly; might be the owner too. Any idears folks? I got this Kimber from Buds, only place I could find this model available.

#737 ·
Explain what you mean about the slide stop not operating properly. Sounds like operator malfunction. :D

#738 ·
Double D , if you don't like it I'll swap you a pt1911 w rail for it, I got it before these came out , been wanting the rock instead since I first saw one
It really feels nice, I like it so far. I will know more after a few hundred rounds...

#739 ·
DD, Ya I figured it was my dumb ignorance with the Kimber more than anything. My neighbor mentioned that on the 1911's he handled in Vietnam, the slide stop lever went down easy when you pulled slide all the way back; no ammo in clip. On this Kimber, you got to really put some lbs on the lever to get it to go down, neighbor thought it wasn't right; what got me wondering? Normally, are they that tight to get depressed, do I need to have some work done by gunsmith in Fairbanks, or maybe just need to start shooting her some. I have my own T bench on back porch, if rain stops this afternoon, I'm shooting this new gun today.

Who makes the best dvd or book covering disassembly, cleaning, maintenance, and care for this Pro Carry II?

Should I put night sights on this gun, or what is the best sights available? Any options, parts, springs, ect I should be considering?

I had this gun sent to my local gun shop from BUds when my local guy couldn't get me this model. I always buy local from small gun shop and this guy beats the pants off everybody else and has always treated me right. I only buy 4-5 guns off him every year but he gets my business. Buds had like 90 of them in stock. they told me they had bought the last of them available for now. Have heard enough Kimber problem stories, you'd think I'd had bought a Colt, but hard headed about some things. I wondered if Buds got a bunch of sent back & repaired guns, ha ha. That does happen.

So DD, thanks for any info & help. What dvd should I order?

#740 ·
You can watch videos on youtube for maintenance. As for the slide stop. Grasp the gun in your right hand and place your left hand on the slide and push against each other while pressing down on the slide latch with your right thumb. Should release like butter. It can be pretty hard to release the slide without any rearward pressure on the slide, but it can be done. I dont do it that way. I dont like to allow it to slam forward. I dont think its good on extractors. Some may disagree and thats ok.

#741 ·
Take the empty mag out before you try releasing the slide you are fighting the magazine spring

#747 ·
Follow up on the Rock Island Tactical, I dont know why anyone would hesitate to purchase one of these pistols. I took it out for a short test drive and I have to say I am impressed with its performance and accuracy. The grips are a little coarse and will scuff your hands a little but I guarantee it wont slip. The fiber optic front sight is a pleasure to look down and even with the factory mag I had zero issues. The factory recommends 500 break in rounds so I will be glad to break it in, but for those out there who wouldnt consider buying a Philippine 1911 I would just say to you thats ok, I will enjoy mine just as much as my american made ones.

#748 ·
Follow up on the Rock Island Tactical, I dont know why anyone would hesitate to purchase one of these pistols. I took it out for a short test drive and I have to say I am impressed with its performance and accuracy. The grips are a little coarse and will scuff your hands a little but I guarantee it wont slip. The fiber optic front sight is a pleasure to look down and even with the factory mag I had zero issues. The factory recommends 500 break in rounds so I will be glad to break it in, but for those out there who wouldnt consider buying a Philippine 1911 I would just say to you thats ok, I will enjoy mine just as much as my american made ones.
I know i'm not going to hesitate, it's next on my list, very nice firearm ;).

#749 ·
I know i'm not going to hesitate, it's next on my list, very nice firearm ;).
Yes it really is. Rock island has been around for a long time and they are now building some of their guns here in the U.S. I cant tell you which ones though.

#751 ·
It looks like you are going to have to buy one. I really like mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.