The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#802 ·
I wanted to toot Carls horn a little bit again by showing off the TFF grips I got from him this weekend. I have been wanting a set but hadnt yet pulled the trigger so to speak. I got home and decided to put them on my desert eagle commander and well, I will let them speak for themselves. This is the second set of grips I have bought from Carl and it wont be my last......

Attachments

#804 ·
I put them on a few different guns before this and when I got to the desert eagle, pow! I knew that was the one! I like grips with more texture in them than these, but I have to say, I really like these. You would almost think Carl knew what he was doing if you didnt know any better....;)

#805 ·
Got my frame back from Doug Turnbull yesterday and finished putting my birthday present from my wife together last night. It turned out so nice I had to share it with you. This is my first "Custom Build" and the final results are better than I could have dreamed. I am still a working stiff so it will be the weekend before I can post a range report. By the way, the grips are by our friend "Woodnut".
Nice......hmmm,I've seen them grips before......nice Carl

#806 ·
I put them on a few different guns before this and when I got to the desert eagle, pow! I knew that was the one! I like grips with more texture in them than these, but I have to say, I really like these. You would almost think Carl knew what he was doing if you didnt know any better....;)
Yeah...almost !

They just fit that DE....

#808 ·
Thanks Ozo, I really like how those grips turned out, I got a lot of compliments at the range last week. I talked with Carl (several emails actually) today and he will be making another set of grips for me. This time without all the embelishments. I have picked out the wood and now it is time for him to do his magic.

#809 ·
Carl gave a short class on how he makes his grips while we were at the cookout. After seeing the large amount of work and craftsmanship that goes into making each set, I decided the best way for me to make my grips was to dial his number and order them.

#811 ·
Thought I would show a little bit of 1911 accuracy. I do have a witness, he is a member here (drnoahzark) and he can back this up. This doesnt surprise me much because I shoot 1911s all the time and I know what they can do. What surprises me is what happened to the 3 rounds that didnt hit bullseye. Thats right, 5 out of 8 right on top of each other with a cheap phillipine 1911. Next, I will show you something else that happened to me today...

Attachments

#812 ·
Next, we were shooting as usual and everything was fine, we probably had shot around 200 rounds or so when I got peppered in the face and I dropped the pistol and I was bleeding like a stuck hog. Thank god I had on my gear, my safety glasses and headgear...I was shooting reloads that my friend has been reloading for me. Up until today, I have shot over 600 rounds of his without an issue. This round exploded and blew the magazine up and I caught shrapnel in the face and hand...thank god it wasnt a glock! This is a sig factory mag.

Attachments

#814 ·
You OK Brother...?
Let's see your other hand.....
I am fine, my face took some flying stuff and thats what bled the most, but its nothing serious. Might actually help with the looks a little..It was kinda sore for a while but its all good now..I never shoot without my safety glasses and I am really glad I had them on today...

#815 · (Edited)
Thought I would show a little bit of 1911 accuracy. I do have a witness, he is a member here (drnoahzark) and he can back this up. This doesnt surprise me much because I shoot 1911s all the time and I know what they can do. What surprises me is what happened to the 3 rounds that didnt hit bullseye. Thats right, 5 out of 8 right on top of each other with a cheap phillipine 1911. Next, I will show you something else that happened to me today...
That's the problem with them American Classics, they're so darn accurate.

Come on now, don't call the gun "cheap"! It is an inexpensive gun, but it ain't a cheap gun. Inexpensive doesn't always mean cheap.

My Gov't Model shoots everything will all kinds of mags and not one problem. And it's more accurate too more than I am.

So say you're sorry and go back out and shoot some more.

#816 ·
That's the problem with them American Classics, they're so darn accurate.

Come on now, don't call the gun "cheap"! It is an inexpensive gun, but it ain't a cheap gun. Inexpensive doesn't always mean cheap.

My Gov't Model shoots everything will all kinds of mags and not one problem. And it's accurate too.

So say you're sorry and go back out and shoot some more.

I am actually saying that because so many people criticize the phillipine made 1911s and many say they wouldnt own one and they call them cheap.. I own 18 different 1911s, some colts, some sigs, some smiths and some phillipine made and I dont care what ANYONE says, I will put my "cheap" phillipine 1911s up against my higher dollar american 1911s any day of the week. I posted that picture of the 5 rounds in the bullseye figuring that most people wouldnt believe it anyhow. I dont care. I know its true. When I shot the target today, I told the guy with me that people wouldnt believe it. But its not uncommon with 1911s when you know how to shoot them. They will out shoot most any other gun made. And these imports are nice shooters and well worth the money.

#817 · (Edited)
Kimber Gold Stainless Series I (way back when Kimber cared and was trying to impress everybody....;) )

The Kimber is wearing Rocco competition grips and ten round mags nowadays...

Wilson Combat Classic two tone...

But the bestest of all I do not have pics of cause my computer got fried by a lightning strike.....an Ed Brown Kobra. :)

#818 ·
Next, we were shooting as usual and everything was fine, we probably had shot around 200 rounds or so when I got peppered in the face and I dropped the pistol and I was bleeding like a stuck hog. Thank god I had on my gear, my safety glasses and headgear...I was shooting reloads that my friend has been reloading for me. Up until today, I have shot over 600 rounds of his without an issue. This round exploded and blew the magazine up and I caught shrapnel in the face and hand...thank god it wasnt a glock! This is a sig factory mag.
That is almost certain a double charge. I had exactly the same thing happen several years ago with pretty much the same results. Peppered my face with a blast of high pressure gas and shrapnel. It actually felt like something hard hit me in the face, at first I thought the slide had broken.

Trashed the magazine, bulged out the pachmeyer grips, and blew the spring plunger tube off the side of the gun (never did find that little bugger). Good news is the gun was fine. No damage at all to the barrel (Kudos to Nowlin barrels). Had a new punger tube installed, and straightened out the grips, and it was good to go.

Bad part is, it happened at a match with EVERYBODY watching... and it was my handload...:banghead:

#819 ·
Thats exactly how it felt and I bled pretty good too. The gun is fine..I took it apart and looked it over and its all good..just the magazine....that was a first for me.

#820 ·
classic casehead failure Dan. Is it possible your friend that did the reloading for you bought some once fired brass from a local range? That is a very common issue with handloads in glock pistols. Its is also likely it was an overcharge. though i suspect if it had been an overcharge it would have also blown the primer out. Could have also been a setback. Maybe he forgot to crimop that particular round and upon chambering the feed ramp crammed the bullet deeper into the case and decreased case capacity causing a pressure spike. There are many causes for casehead failures. They happen in glocks due to the unsupported chamber. they happen in everything else primarily due to overcharges or using brass that was first fired in a glock and purchased form a once fired brass supplier.

#821 ·
Dan - I have been reloading 45's for 35 years and don't think your buddy did anything wrong. I concur with JLA ... looks like a case head failure to me. (Based on just your photograph.)

Charles Daly 45's were made in the Philipines and are darn nice guns! Wish they hadn't gone out of business.

Picture of one of my 45's I have in classifieds

#823 ·
I am actually saying that because so many people criticize the phillipine made 1911s and many say they wouldnt own one and they call them cheap.. I own 18 different 1911s, some colts, some sigs, some smiths and some phillipine made and I dont care what ANYONE says, I will put my "cheap" phillipine 1911s up against my higher dollar american 1911s any day of the week. I posted that picture of the 5 rounds in the bullseye figuring that most people wouldnt believe it anyhow. I dont care. I know its true. When I shot the target today, I told the guy with me that people wouldnt believe it. But its not uncommon with 1911s when you know how to shoot them. They will out shoot most any other gun made. And these imports are nice shooters and well worth the money.
I'm with you - never a problem with my Citadel.

#826 ·
Dan, several things. First off I am glad you are alright. Second, I am totally with JLA. That is why I do not collect 45acp for my reloads. I buy it new. I know that because the Glock does not have a supported chamber that when you fire that same brass in a 1911, or any other semi auto pistol that can happen. I have also heard that can happen by shooting once fired brass from a Glock into a Glock again. That is why I don't own a Glock and is why I went with my Springfield and the of course with my 1911 there after. If a person only shoots factory that is one thing. But for reloads I passed on the Glock. Then third, as much as you shoot I have no doubt that you actually had a group that tight at 40'. I would just like to see them closer next time. :D

I am glad your good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.