The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#958 ·
Some new pictures of mine.

Attachments

#959 ·
Oh, I forgot. I have a new one to add to this thread:

#960 ·
This is my new 400.00 Turkish made Tisas stainless A2. I am pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish...
Gun Firearm Trigger White Line
Blue Gun Firearm White Trigger

#966 ·
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I've never seen one like that before, I kinda like it. Did it come like that or did you dress it up.
I like the grips but would prefer crimsom instead of green. Green reminds me of the Fla. Gators..Yuk.

#962 ·
You mean your not going to give me grief about the loud grips?

#965 ·
Gold painted green and real silver. Worth thousands!

#967 ·
That's the second Tisas I have seen. I really need to buy one for myself!!

#968 ·
I have changed the grips about 5 times already and cant make up my mind. As for them reminding you of the Gators, I can understand why that would upset someone from Ga. We pretty much own the state of Ga. with the exception of a couple of down years that should be over this year.

#969 · (Edited by Moderator)
New to the forum. Here are some pics of my Gravitas Tactical 1911. GT is a local company that builds duty level firearms. This particular one is my USPSA Single Stack firearm. It replaced my Kimber Gold Match.

Attachments

#972 ·
I swapped the mainspring housings on two of my SIG 1911s. I love the aggressive G10 grips on the Scorpion but I wanted to wear it in an IWB holster and I thought the grips would eat me alive while holstered. But the soft rubber grips on the TacOps would be perfect. The only issue is that the Scorpion grips need to be utilized with the supplied MSH because it completes the Magwell. So, I swapped the traditional Magwell MSH of the TacOps with the Magwell grips of the Scoprion. And as the TacOps is my home defense gun with a Light/Laser the aggressive grips are not an issue.

And you know what? I love the way the Scorpion looks now!!

The black grips, MSH and Magwell with the black controls looks perfect. And the Black/Green/Tan G10 Magwell grips look great on the TacOps.

I like the changes!!

Scorpion Before:

Scorpion After:

TacOps Before:

TacOps After:

Reactions: Double D
#973 ·
havent been around here much lately
but thought you all might like to see what ive been up to
this is RIA full size TAC 9mm
that i got from a local fella with a couple hundred rounds thru it
so i went to town on her
all the innards are stock parts (i gave them all a polish and got the trigger right at 4.5lbs)
i did fit a new bushing (a used EGW that i had laying around that was to small on the ID and to big on the OD so just fit it like normal) and put a new EGW slide stop and flat bottom firing pin stop (10lb recoil and 19 pound main spring)
then i decided i wanted to give hot bluing a try (even mixed up my own bluing salts)
i polished the slide flats and straightened out some offending lines on the frame, reformed the trigger guard a bit and gave it a undercut.
I took the flats of the frame to about a 600grit finish and the under sides went to around a 800grit or so polish. so the slide top, spring plug tunnel and rear of slide all still had the factory park left on them
so i just blued right over the remaining park at the same time i did the newly polished parts
the grips are made of Sumac and have color keyed trim ring titanium grip screws
the gun runs very reliably (i have over 3k rounds thru her now) and its way more accurate than i am.
enough of the hot air!!! here she is

#977 ·
Not bragging but even having 20 1911s isnt enough. I want more, more, more!

Reactions: NPGunsmith
#982 ·
Here is a pic of my three Browns after grip change. Kobra carry, Jeff Cooper commemorative, Special Forces carry. I have others but these are my favorite 1911s. One of my others is also a Coonan Classic and I LOVE shooting that thing. It is a blast and recoil is much less than my S&W 66-1 357 mag.. I too am waiting on new grips, hopefully they will be ready soon.
Allen
Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.