The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#89 ·
Raven18940 said:
Money mostly, but I've never been a huge fan of the gun (SA only, single stack mag, and 45).......but they're so pretty. :(
But, you're naming some of the best features!

+ SA only: Means the trigger pull is smooth, crisp, no creep, etc.

+ Single stack mag: Fits in my hand well and encourages me to place every shot carefully, rather than "spray and pray"

+ .45: Big bullets mean big holes!

And, like you said, they're just plain purty!

#93 ·
JohnK3 said:
But, you're naming some of the best features!

+ SA only: Means the trigger pull is smooth, crisp, no creep, etc.

+ Single stack mag: Fits in my hand well and encourages me to place every shot carefully, rather than "spray and pray"

+ .45: Big bullets mean big holes!

And, like you said, they're just plain purty!
All good points, but it's mostly the money issue. I am a poor college student, and both the gun and the ammo are too expensive. :( :( :( Some day.....

#94 ·
In that case, Raven, I understand. Just keep saving and working hard. Get that degree and keep putting a little money aside as you can. You'll get there, soon enough!

Here's a suggestion that my wife and I have found works for us for putting money aside for "toys" for me. We go to the mall and buy a gift card. (www.simongiftcard.com) We start it out with a modest amount, only what we can afford to spare at that time. Each paycheck, we add a little more, as we can spare it. When there's enough money for the purchase, I go buy the item I've been saving for using the gift card. Since it's a Visa Debit Card, I can use it just like a credit card. Works great for us!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.