Pic's of your 1911's

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by BigBang, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Steven42

Steven42 New Member

2. Steven42

Steven42 New Member

Blackhawk shooting gloves. Helping the wrists during shooting. There were like 100 degrees, and the guns were extremely hot. Last time I even burned my hands with them, so these gloves are good for that too.

Both, the camera, and I must do some more practicing too. But I'm working on it. :) (I mean WE are working on it, my gf also shooting.) Too bad we can't make it to the range every weekend. :(
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  3. HossFly

HossFly New Member

Not to be a smarta$$ but they didn't work my friend!
    Loose the gloves for now-Work on your grip & tighten up those wrist.
    Most of all practice- The flinching & anticipation has to go-
    Did I mention practice? Get some targets like these & use them at about 7yds- They will tell tales-

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I can see you guys are both new to shooting. Tell your girlfriend to lean into the gun a little instead of leaning backwards and the recoil will be much more manageable. It looks as though she may out shoot you with the 1911 at this point, since she is at least holding it somewhat steady prior to firing it. But you guys need to seriously work on your stance and grip and trigger pull. As it is right now, you wont hit much. Take this as constructive criticism if you really want to learn how to shoot. When shooting your pistol, stand with your feet about shoulder width apart and slightly bend your knees, bring the gun up to eye level and lean your upper body forward just a little. Prior to taking your shot, concentrate on the front sight lining up level with the rear and center on the target and then take a breath and let it out and squeeze the trigger straight to the rear easy and fluid, the shot should come as a surprise. You will be a better shot in no time.
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What Double D said is spot on. Also as for shooting the rifle, have your girl friend turn her upper torso (clockwise) just a bit to align with her feet, then have her lean forward just a bit that way she will automatically lay her cheek into the stock as opposed to bending her neck and resting her head on the stock. Hope that helps.
  6. Steven42

Steven42 New Member

I did work on my shooting stance and I did hit everything with both handguns (7 or so yards). If I hit an A4 paper target with my handguns from 10-15 yards, it's alright.

More practicing, better results. :)

(My gf is only approx 95 pounds, so I think the rifle is way too heavy for her.)
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

My guess is that you are pulling your shots very low. Most often consistently hitting the ground in front of the target rather than the target itself. THe slo mo frame is the tattle tell. You drooped your muzzle nearly an inch in anticipation, and recoil owns you. I am suprised the pistol cycles at all. Your grip is too low too. Youre somewhere between where you need to be and a starsky and hutch cup and saucer hold. Your best COA would be to seek some professional instruction and practice the hell out of dry fire. It aint gonna hurt that taurus to be dry fired. I have dry fired mine a million times at least.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't see how anyone can shoot with any accuracy wearing gloves like those. I'm curious why guns were so hot...just from being out in the sun or from too many rounds too fast? If the latter then slow down a bit. I'm not saying this is you, but I've seen people that make you wonder if they really enjoy shooting, as they seem in a hurry to get it over with, taking very sloppy rapid fire shots.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nah ROMT, i have purposely run guns fast just to see how hot they get and the grip and frame dont get hot enough to cause discomfort. I dont have a clue what the gloves accomplished. They were just in the way IMO..
  10. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I shoot with gloves quite a bit, they don't really hinder anything; just comes down to what you practice. I have to wear gloves for work and even prefer gloves for rifle especially.
  11. Double D

OK, So, I am not really sure what to say....I stared at this thing for a week and I read the reviews on it and I just kept going back to look at it and you know, I needed 1911 number 18 anyhow.........This is the Sig Sauer Scorpion commander and I dont actually have it in my hands yet, but I will have next week.....

Attached Files:

12. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

That is sweet looking, DD. Enjoy!!

:D
  13. Double D

Took 4 1911s out today and ran 200 rounds thru them. I swear I am getting old. I wear out fast anymore. Of course, the humidity is like 85% and its 95 degrees outside so that may have something to do with it. But, I took my stainless sig and stainless smith and my rock island and my desert eagle commander out. Cant wait to get my hands on the new sig scorpion....Will be glad to see a little cooler weather for some longer range sessions.
  14. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

A few of mine.

[​IMG]

Added these since that pic was taken last year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  15. Double D

You know, the more I shoot my rock island, the more impressed I am. I am really surprised at the fit and finish and especially the function of the 2011 tactical. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Not saying I dont love my smiths, colts, sigs and others, just that for the price I dont think the rock island can be beat. I know the spartan is suppose to be a great gun for the money too. I will find that out one day soon. If I didnt have the money for anything else I wouldnt hesitate to buy rock island. As always, nice collection limbkiller.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012