The Firearms Forum banner

Pic's of your 1911's

Tags
354K views 1K replies 397 participants last post by  BigEd0511 
#1 ·
Would like to see some pics of members 19's. Thanx!

#132 ·
it's close, it has the extended beaver tail, adjustable trigger, skeletonized hammer, and novak low profile tritium night sights, beveled mag well, and threaded full length guide rod, but no ambi safety or extended slide release, but i'll remedy that pretty soon. shoots well and functions very well, only had 2 failures to eject properly in 200 rounds. i was well pleased.
blackhawkkid223

#134 · (Edited)
Well I went and did it again. I've said it to others and others have said it as well. Wilson's are like Lays Potato Chips......you wont be satisfied with just one.

Some time ago I read an article about the Wilson Professional in one of my gun rags written by, of all people, a noted revolver afficinado named John Taffin. Of course his article made this gun look like some sort of "supergun" and he touted it attributes and supposedly bought the test gun sent to him. The gun was finished in Wilson's durable Armour-Tuff finish and I was somewhat enamored with the look of the gun. I am partial to the 4" 1911's. After that I bought my first Wilson...a CQB 5" and the relationship began. About 6 months later I came across a CQB Compact while looking for a Professional. No one had one in stock and I like to handle a gun before buying, so an online sale was not an issue for me. I have enjoyed them both through many hundred rounds and many targets with small ragged holes in their 10 rings. I recieved a call from the dealer that I have bought the other two Wilson's from, informing me that he had a Stainless Professional in his delivery from Wilson and would I be interested in one. I told him to hold it back and I would be there in about an hour. He then asked me if I still had that stainless Champion might I want to trade it in on the Wilson. It seems that he had someone come in his store asking for one. So needless to say, after some wheeling & dealing to get the numbers right for my pocketbook, and filling out the paperwork, I brought home another member to my Wilson family.

Attachments

#135 ·
I would love a Wilson CQB. I've shot them before and have been drooling ever since. Plus with Wilson being such a short drive, I could do any dealing with them directly instead of over the phone or by mail.

G
#137 ·
Question for you 1911 folks. As I've said on these forums many times, I do love the 1911s for all of my kidding about the Glocks. My only objection to them has always been their weight and bulk for concealed carry. I own two presently, a Colt Goldcup and a Colt Commander, neither of which I carry due to that problem (for me at least). I do understand though, that there are several small versions of the 1911 on the market, i.e., guns with about a 3" barrel. Which of these would you folks most recommend for concealed carry, and what would you load them with? Obviously, a 230 grainer is too heavy for a short-barrelled .45, so would you go for a 165 or 185 grain load? Also, with the short-barrelled 1911s, does recoil become a serious problem?

#138 ·
I dont know for sure that I've shot a 3" barrel, but I think I have when shooting with my uncle. I know I have shot the 4" barrel. Anything I have shot would be with the 230 grain bullets. Recoil has never been a problem. I dont even notice the differance. I prefer Kimbers. The Ultra Carry or Eclipse Ultra might be some to look at.

#140 ·
here ya go...
So I took it all from Kimber's website. They pay SOMEONE to write the stuff.....

Kimber quality where you need it most.

Small pistols present a host of design and manufacturing challenges. They must be strong enough to handle the same ammunition as full size models, maintain absolute reliability and be accurate with a wide variety of ammunition. Recoil also becomes an important factor. Little pistols chambered for big calibers must be controllable from shot to shot by shooters with all levels of experience.

Ultra Carry pistols are the smallest 1911 pistols ever manufactured. More importantly, Kimber quality doesn’t force a choice between performance and size. The slim 1911 profile makes them easy to carry and conceal. Because a 1911 fits most hands better than any other semi-automatic design they have a natural pointability that brings them to target faster.

Unique design features contribute to both dependability and accuracy. The ejection port is beveled front and rear to give adequate clearance to ejecting brass, avoiding the jams common to other brands of small semi-automatics. The match grade bull barrel is even fitted directly to the slide without the aid of a barrel bushing. Edges are rounded and blended to prevent snagging on clothing or holsters.

With 7-round flush fitting magazines riding in their shortened frames, Ultra Carry pistols carry more shots and have more power than almost any revolver. A dual-captured low effort recoil spring design keeps manual slide operation smooth. It also dampens recoil enough that these pistols are easier to control and shoot than a revolver. Safety? The 1911 has proven its safety through generations of use, and the new Kimber Firing Pin Safety that is part of every pistol makes them even more secure without impeding performance or altering trigger pull.

Kimber Ultra Carry pistols bring a new, higher level of confidence to concealed carry. Light, powerful and dependable, there is no better choice.

Ultra Carry II

Stainless Ultra Carry II

7075-T7 aluminum frame has been tested to over 20,000 rounds without measurable wear.

Ultra Carry slide has longest cycle time of any short 1911, ensuring reliability.

Bull barrel design keeps maximum weight forward, reducing recoil.

Attachments

#141 · (Edited)
Pistolenschutze said:
Question for you 1911 folks. As I've said on these forums many times, I do love the 1911s for all of my kidding about the Glocks. My only objection to them has always been their weight and bulk for concealed carry. I own two presently, a Colt Goldcup and a Colt Commander, neither of which I carry due to that problem (for me at least). I do understand though, that there are several small versions of the 1911 on the market, i.e., guns with about a 3" barrel. Which of these would you folks most recommend for concealed carry, and what would you load them with? Obviously, a 230 grainer is too heavy for a short-barrelled .45, so would you go for a 165 or 185 grain load? Also, with the short-barrelled 1911s, does recoil become a serious problem?
I carry a Kimber Eclipse ULE II 1911 with a 3" barrel (see pic above your post). I shoot 230 grain at the range and the recoil is very manageable. I spent all day today practicing shooting one handed with both right and left hands 200 rounds with each. My wrists were a bit stiff after the shooting session, but I was very comfortable with the recoil using only one hand. I carry loaded with Federal 185 GR Hydra Shok jacketed hollow points.

#144 ·
Country101 said:
I would love a Wilson CQB. I've shot them before and have been drooling ever since. Plus with Wilson being such a short drive, I could do any dealing with them directly instead of over the phone or by mail.
Country101,

I have one.....or two of those. I have the CQB and CQB Compact and both are top notch firearms. Man, as much as I love the Great State of Texas, I envy you living a stones throw from the Wilson shop. If I were that close I would have to apply for a job there, even if it were just sweeping the floors beneath the gunsmiths. Here are my other two Wilsons:

#146 ·
Sorry it took so long to get a range report on my S.A.M. 1911 .45, but now I have one! I ran 100 rounds through it today in a tactical defensive handgun setting alongside a new Para-Ordanance P-14 and my S.A.M. shot as fast, as accurately and, more importantly, just as problem-free (barring the bad spare magazine) as the Para! Gonna put another 100 through it tomorrow without cleaning to see if it keeps running! I'll let you know! :D

Attachments

#150 · (Edited)
Top: Newest, Colt XSE LW Commander, Wilson trigger, CMC extended standard (Non-Ambi) thumb safety, internal tweaks.(eventually Cocobola WoodGrips on this one too, w/SS screws) Sorry, rushed picture.
Middle:Oldest, AutoOrdanance Standard, WoodGrips, otherwise stock, very good shooter-best of the three. (FMJ only)
Bottom: Springfield GI Series LW Champion, WoodGrips, polished ramp, trigger job, in shop now for sights.
Use Tripp Magazine Upgrade Kits in all, various tubes. Nothing real fancy, but I like 'em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.