Picture in a PM

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by hstout1143, Sep 22, 2012.

1. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

How do I add a picture in a private message. I saw the insert image thing, but the picture is on my laptop not a web page.
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ya, I wanna know too. I need to send Hoss a scary pic of stingray through pm because if any body else saw it they would just too run to the nearest toi,,,, oops. Sorry about spilling the beans there Hoss. :D
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Only way I know of is to upload your picture to a picture-hosting site.
  4. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Now I'm afraid to look at anything you send me.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

There isn't an 'add attachment' in private messages. One reason for that in forums is the amount of disk space that would have to be available if everyone was sending pics to other people. So, the best way is to have the photo on a web page somewhere - or even posted in here in a topic, then copy the link to it in the private message. Alternately, send an email and have the conversation using email and send all the pics you want to back and forth to each other rather than using the private messaging of the forum to do so.
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ya, I have to admit, the pic is pretty bad. His dentures just don't look right, and neither does the toupee. :D
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you got it ( and why a photo bucket account is handy )

make it private and only those folks you show ( here ) see what you post

your directory aint searchable
  8. rhmc24

rhmc24 Member

Johnny-come-lately to this thread, maybe someone already posted this but you can send photobucket pix with anything (that I've tried so far). Copy your desired shot's IMG Code as though for a forum example.

Then you knock off the bracketed things on both ends, like this & copy that into your message.

[url]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/rhmc24/Shotgun-1-Me.jpg[/url]

Reader's can click on it (or paste into their address bar) and see the shot.

My photo in this case.

EDIT -- It works for me here. If it doesn't work for you PM me, I'd like to know. I see this forum has modified what I put up (took out part of /q60/rhmc24/Shotgun-1-Me) -- interesting. In any case, it has worked everywhere else I've tried it. Hope you can use it.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012