Picture of Glock 36 blow-up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gunguy, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

No explenation why the top of the barrel in the chamber breach area let go, made a mess out of the Glock and took off most of the right side.

Shooter was wearing shooting glasses and that is attributed to saving his eyes and sight.

Jim

Attached Files:

2. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Right hand side of BU.

Attached Files:

3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

It does happen......

And when it does...there is always "evidence" as to what the cause was......defective gun part...or ammo..

I used to post over at GLocktalk over a year ago and i have heard a few stories about such things happening...

What you do is contact Glock and The ammo manufacturer and between the two one or the other should stand behind their product...which ever is at fault....

I remember hearing of two cases where the ammo was at fault....PMC i think?...and they bought the guys new pistols....

Glock will also stand behind it if evidence is present that indicates manufacturer defect.....

Metal flaws are not hard to prove in my opinion..... at least not with industrial machinery anyway...

mike
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

PS....

You can't use crappy cheap ammo with Glocks....
    I'll admit that point.

Buy good ammo from a manufacturer that has proven they will stand behind their product...and everything will be Ok...

mike
  5. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

It really ticks me off when people don't clean their guns often. For me and my friends, cleaning guns after EVERY visit to the range is mandatory and a ritual that is very important. People who don't clean their guns deserve the wrath of God. I bet that this has nothing to do with ammo and everything to do with poor maintenance of the weapon. What are everyone's thoughts.?
    I am sorry if I seem to forthwright, but for the life of me, I can't tollerate people who are too lazy to clean their firearms.
  6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Glock has hidden their flaws and defects for years, while quitely mending the fixs. Some are sold, some are smarter.

LTS
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I like that trigger.....
    Its a chance I will take.....

My observation is that if anything is going to go wrong that is Glocks fault.....it will do so pretty soon in the pistols life.....

Once a GLock has had 2000 rounds thru it......In my opinion, it won't ever break......not due to its fault anyway.....

Like I said.....Don't use extra extra hot ammo....and don't buy reloaded ammo.....especially if its been anneiled (sp)?
    Buy Namebrand...

mike
  8. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

that’s if you are still alive ,a person could get killed by the gun ,or if it was used in self defense ,it wouldn't be doing much defending

any gun firing a bullet with high pressure should be capable of exceeding the pressure of the round

I am sure this is not typical ,but it does happen ,and more often with glocks than any other gun ,you don’t see 1911’s doing this ,and there are far more of them around

maybe your estate can call glock to pay for the funeral
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yep.... "IF"

And they do....
    I ran loads thru my 45 that would made the 10mm look slow...

You take a chance every time you drive a car or walk across the street....
    Do you quit living life because of statisticly small percentages.....

Well I'm glad they're not doing that.....good for em...

Now thats a low blow....

What kind of car do you drive? Does it have the absolute #1 rating in crash safety? If not, why are'nt you driving one that does?

You sound like a Democrat quoting that 2% statistic for Assault weapons......

Cops carry Glocks....and that is good enough for me.

mike
  10. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

heck with guns like that who needs enemies {lol}

maybe glock is working for the anti gunners ,can't take away the guns ,so take out the owners
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You sir.....deserve every bit of this !!!!!! :mad:

Attached Files:

12. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

good one ,lol
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Brian, I too enjoy cleaning my firearms after each outing, But I must contend that there are people who are so far from being mechanicly inclined that they simply cannot, or dont trust themselves enough to clean after every shoot...I figure a good cleaning at the gunsmith would run you 30 dollars or so, leaving it costly to go that route as well...I clean firearms for my friends, who wouldn't trust themselves to remove the slide off a 1911, so I kinda see the barrier some people face.

~Crp
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Glocks remind me of the word

SPROING!

Just so you have a new one glocknut. Hate to deprive ya.

Attached Files:

15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh my god.....
    I can't imagine being so timid as that........

The worst episode i ever encountered was when I completley disassembled my Mossberg 500a 12ga.....

I like Mossberg, but its not machined quite as well as other brands and a few parts were tricky to go back together...but it really was'nt that bad............

Geez....thats the first thing I want to do is take it apart.......

EXCEPT....FOR THAT COVER...ON THE BACK...OF A GLOCKSLIDE......

For the love of Jesus......Don't mess with it......

Going to a gunsmith with parts in hand...a funny look on my face.....saying.... I think I broke it....and .......I think I've got all the parts......Is'nt something I like to do.............

mike