Pictures from my recent trip to Mexico

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by RMT, Jan 23, 2011.

1. RMT

RMT New Member

Is it just me or is this an AR10?

[​IMG]

Took this picture in Mexico last week. Didn't think anything of it at first, but then upon further examination, it appeared to be an AR10 or some variant like that. I didn't think these guys carried AR10's.

Took some more pictures of them as well. Saw a lot of M4's, FNC's, and G3's.

[​IMG]

This is my little bro who asked the guy if he could take a picture with him.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. RustyBarrel111

RustyBarrel111 New Member

That cop's not looking too happy.
  3. RMT

RMT New Member

He was actually pretty nice. He was smiling beforehand but I think he wanted to look like a bad*** in the picture. :)
  4. Jackman

Jackman New Member

Nice pics but what were those Cops doing , there had to be something else going on to have all that fire power...

And you guys are brave going to Mexico its not too safe anymore!
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  5. kobsw

kobsw Member

That magazine sure looks like a 20 round M14/AR10 variant for the NATO 7.62x51 round.

Lol at that picture!
  6. RMT

RMT New Member

Actually, they looked like they were just taking pictures of the sites... like we were. Haha.

There were several times I ran across large groups like that, I just didn't get to take pictures every time.
  7. Jackman

Jackman New Member

I guess thats a red flag as to what its currently like in Mexico not good.
  8. RMT

RMT New Member

Maybe. But I never saw anything remotely threatening and never felt like I was in immediate danger. In fact, I know there's plenty of fighting going on in certain areas. However, Mazatlan is not exactly a tinderbox right now. There are some bad areas no doubt, but common tourist areas don't seem to be where it's mostly going down.

IMO, Mexico can be safe right now, if you go to the right places. Stay in the tourist areas, keep a low profile, and don't look for trouble.
  9. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

What are they doing? I'll tell you. They are protecting / overseeing the drug lord's safe transport of drugs headed toward the US.
  10. 72guns92

72guns92 New Member

that a HK G3 , with a collapsible stock
  11. RMT

RMT New Member

Yeah, the second one is, but I wasn't asking about the second one. That one is obviously a G3. I am asking about the first picture. I am certain it is an AR10...