Pictures from today's match

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by RMT, Apr 16, 2011.

1. RMT

RMT New Member

You might remember the pictures I posted from last week when we did ViMBAR (Vintage Military Bolt Action Rifle) match. This week was the ViMSAR (Vintage Military Semi Auto Rifle) match.

There were two different categories of shooters, irons, and "snipers" (They allow a 6 or less power fixed scope). My brother and I just did the iron sights.

This is the range, we had 4 or 5 different stages. Spotters called out hits and misses on the steel targets between 200-400 yards.

[​IMG]

This is me, shooting my Yugo SKS.

[​IMG]

This is my brother, shooting an M1 Garand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some of the other guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Romanian PSL

[​IMG]

Most of the guys were shooting Garands. Some SKS's, some M1A's, etc... even an AK.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Looks like you all had a great time. Neat guns and a good looking range but where are all the trees? :D Thanks for sharing.
  3. RMT

RMT New Member

Trees? Oh, I think I know what you are talking about. Tall green looking things. We have some about an hour away in the mountains...
  4. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Nice pics.
    How did you (& your brother) do?
  5. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Thanks for more pics RMT.
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Looks like alot of fun.
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

200 400 yds are u kidding i am still working on100 yds and without a scope! nice pics thanks
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    How in the L do you get an SKS to hit at 2 - 400 yards?
  9. RMT

RMT New Member

Unfortunately I couldnt stick around to hear the results although they will email us the results later.

Considering that we were both working on dialing in both of our rifles the whole match I guess we could have done better, but we have next month for that. :)

Well, I need some work with my rifle and I brought the wrong ammo today... but although the SKS is not a tack driver, there were guys there that were competing well. In fact, one of the guys doing really well had an SKS with a 15" barrel. I guess it had been hacked up a little... Still, goes to show what it can do with good ammo and a good shooter when it's dialed in.