Pictures - - how to post?

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by Squeak, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Squeak

Squeak Member

I've got a real nice digital camera that I'd like to use to post pictures on this forum, but I don't know how to do that & the instruction book that came with the camera is less than clear as mud.
    Do I need to buy some kind of computer program that will allow me to transfer pictures out of the camera to this forum?
    Can anybody explain - - - IN SIMPLE TERMS - - - (I'm not a 10 year old kid that grew up with these things) how the heck do I do this??
    Thanks!!
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

First you need to get them out of the camera onto the computer. This can be done with a cable that came with the camera, and a program that also came with it. Or, and much easier, is to get a card-reader that plugs into a USB port. Take the memory card out of the camera and put it in the card reader, and then it's just like moving a file from one location to another.

Once they are on your computer, you have two choices. You can upload them to a "photo-hosting site" (I use photobucket, but there are others), and then direct link from the site to here. How you do that depends on which site you use.

Or you can upload them directly to here from your computer.

When you start a new thread (or, if responding to someone else's, and click on either "post reply" or "go advanced") you we be at a page with a bunch of icons at the top of the message block. Next to the smiley face is a paper-clip. Click on the paper clip and a page opens that allows you to upload a maximum of 4 pictures from your computer. If you want to do more than four, just do four, and then do another reply, where you can do four more.

Sounds more complicated than it is.
  3. Squeak

Squeak Member

Alpo: I've got some pictures already loaded from the camera into a "pictures folder" in the computer. My problem seems to be getting them from that folder to the forum.
    I'll use your instructions & play around & see what happens.

Is there any place on this forum that I can send test posts to without really going public so I can practice first & not do stuff that don't make sence?

Thanks for the help!
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The last one on the forum list - Member's Test Forum - is just for that.