Pictures of Clark Barrel on S&W Model 41

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jstanfield103, Nov 25, 2011.

1. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

I am going to buy another barrel for my S&W model 41. I like the looks and the rails built into the Clark Custom Barrels and the Smith barrel with the millet cut for the rear sights are very reasonable priced. But I really like the Clark barrels looks. I was wondering which Clark to get. I have had a few problems with ejected cases sticking sometimes and I know Clark makes a 6.5" without the top strap, but I don't know if the looks are to my liking. But if they don't trap the ejected round I guess who cares about the looks. But I really like the way the 6.5" barrel with the top strap looks and it has more room for my scope or my Red Dot. Does anyone have pictures of the barrel without the top strap showing it on a 41 from the top view? I would really like to hear some comments on the two Clark barrels, ejection problems or anything else. But really want to see the pictures of the top of the weapon with out the top strap.
    Thanks!
  2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Its your dollars but do you shoot bulleye matchs with your sw now. You all ready have a pistol that with the right ammo will shoot sub MOA groups and for that 1400 dollars + or - are you that good with it to know the difference between a sub moa group and a 5/8" group. That also take some of that really costly ammo also bought by the case.? What ammo are you shooting now. Should be sub of MOA now.

Send yours to Clark Customs to have the rail you want on it and let them do a acuracy job to it and I would bet it will shot around 3/4" are maybe less in groups at 25" with than done.

I would do a full rail with target sites. If you get real serious you will want the a reflex sight for sure but the adjustable iron sight is very good to have for different class. Clark is a first class company and been doing this stiff longer than anyone.
  3. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

I am not great but I do like to try and get my groups very close. I have the 7 3/8" barrel that came with the gun. I have a handgun Bushnell Elite 2-6x32 scope on. I switch between the scope and a Red Dot sight. They both have very quick release scope rings on them. I am getting another barrel because I want to just leave a Red Dot on one Barrel and the Scope on the other. I really like the looks of the Clark Barrel. I also have a heavy 5.5" barrel for the gun, If I use sights I just use that barrel. I was just wanting to see the Clark barrel on that did not have the top rail. I can't find a picture of one from the top view. I don't know which one I want at this time. Like I said the Clark Barrel without the top strap over the ejection port will take care of any of the stove piping that I have had with the pistol.
  4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Then ask clark if they can send you a photo. I dout you will find any on these site, different class of shooters deal with those different bullseye pistols.
  5. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

Hardluck that's probably what I need to do.
    Thanks
  6. Jaxshooter

Jaxshooter New Member

I have a Model 41 with a Clark STC barrel that I use for Steel Challenge. This is the barrel that does not cover the ejection port. Mine is 5.5 inches. You can only use red dots or scopes on this barrel. I would not want this barrel in a 6.5 inch length as it would be very heavy. I will be happy to take a picture of it if somebody can tell me how to post it. I am computer illiterate.