Pietta Made, how good are they?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by tyc, Dec 23, 2011.

1. tyc

tyc New Member

I've heard that the currently made Pietta BP pistols are for all intents and purposes just as good as the Uberti versions. Any truth to this? Are they just as good or better?

tyc
  2. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Mine seem good as any...Ive not compared to Uberti yet, but soon as Walker arrives, I should give a limited comparison anyway...dont know how they could be made any better...

A friend recently purchased a Pietta "Bill Hickock" special, from Cabelas...I saw it at the range earlier this week and it is BEAUTIFUL....Engraving is exceptionally well done and tasteful, it was slick as butter and great trigger..fit was perfect and wedge easy enough to remove without beating out with mallet.....I could not believe he got it new and on sale for about $135...Almost too pretty to shoot...;)
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

not bad actually , the stuff folks complain about is trivial , parts are easy to get and the company on the whole and their agents all seem ok to me .. i do get a few repairs , like anything treat em rough and they break ( dry firing is not good ) but thats it really

decent quality for what your paying
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

He didn't get a Hickok for 135.00. It's on sale now for 329.00. The standard 51 was on sale a month ago for 179.00

Pietta's internal quality equals or exceeds Uberti. Uberti may have a little better finish but by far the best bang for the buck is Pietta.
  5. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Either he lied to me..(entirely possible around gun-folk)...or I just heard him wrong...I was all ready to order me a couple...:) Even at 329, its a beaut of a gun...
  6. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Yeah...He Lied...I just checked Cabelas...$389....Ill get him for this...Just wait and see...:D:D I shoulda known you couldnt buy such a beautiful piece for that price ..... Maybe he told his wife $139 and figued he better stick with the same lie so he didnt get mixed up...:halo:
  7. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Member

Well, if he told his wife $139.00 that's not really a lie--a necessary untruth maybe, but not a lie. Half the guns I have leaning against the wall are due to my gun cabinet inexplicably shrinking...
  8. the Barbarian

the Barbarian New Member

I've owned pretty much every maker out there, just stay away from the brass frame open top Colt knock offs and you pretty much can't go wrong. I prefer Uberti, they made all the Colt reissue guns, but you're paying for the name not just quality, they do have to meet import standards so have fun.
  9. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

I've shot my Pietta about 200 times and it still works like new.
  10. H-D

H-D Active Member

Gun Owners Prayer
    [​IMG]

btw I meant this as humor not religious discussion
  11. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

That's cause it is still new.:p