Pilots Without Pistols ........

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Mar 24, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. Conman

Conman Member

Lord, save us from the idiots in Washington:confused::eek:
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Lord save us from the morons who allowed the idiots to get to Washington. :mad:
  4. 56Python

56Python New Member

…My suspicious mind tells me that BO does not want any of his Muslim comrades shot while carrying out their religious duty to kill non-believers.
  5. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

The irony in this - at least for me is until the "Cuban Crisis" of the Sixties - with its resultant hijackings - pilots of all commercial flights transporting mail were required to carry a pistol on board ! The "whines" got them removed, so the hi-jackers resorted to BYOG and the hijackings continued which led to metal detectors which led to .....!

FWIW, for many years as a mfg.'s rep I always had such things as a 4" prick awl, #10 bore hypo needles, calipers, scales, swiss files and stones and handfuls of give away gewgaws like logoed pocket knives, greenskeepers, etc in there at all times in addition to papers/pens/pencils . >MW
  6. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

"Capt. Tracy W. Price, a commercial airline pilot, warned that history might repeat itself -- he recalled that pilots carried handguns in the 80s and 90s, but the program was shuttered the summer before 9/11."

that's a coincidence, right?:rolleyes::mad:
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have always wondered what type of gun/round they would use in a jet at 30,000'. Seems to me a 9 mil or 45 cal in a pressurized cabin could blow it out of the sky.
  8. Python

Python Former Guest

:yeahthat:
  9. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A 9 mil or 45 hole in the fuselage won't even be noticed.
  10. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

uhm, yeah I think people would stand up and take notice.

they have ammo that won't puncture glass or metal, so no danger of decompression. it's what they issue to the Air Marshals.
  11. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I've seen actual tests where they tried to cause 'instant depresurization' in the cabin of an aircraft simluated at altitude. Nothing really happened. What you see on TV is all Hollywood. Many years ago, people believed that if you fell from an airplane that you'd die before you hit the ground. If you think about it, skydivers do that all the time. A couple of small holes will not cause the damage that Hollywood makes it look like.

Janet Reno - Ooooops - Janet Napolitano - is anti-2nd Ammendment like all of Obozo's cronies, while she is building her little 'Empire' she wants the Feds to 'protect' us. How dare civilian airplane pilots carry guns and deprive her precious TSA (bunch of clowns) of doing all the "protecting" and maybe even someday actually catching an evil-doer?

Every time they body-search some little kid or old lady in a wheelchair they are stacking up the odds that maybe someday they will stumble across a terrorist stupid enough to try to smuggle something dangerous onto a commercial flight. I've worked for 40+ years in military and commercial aviation and can't believe the things I've seen TSA do since they started.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    As you already noticed your comment got noticed. You have to stop getting your scientific information from Hollyweird. They have to make it look disastrous because real life is so boring in comparison.