Pinned AR-15 Stock...Pin Removal?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Crpdeth, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

What is the best way to remove the pins from the stock on my AR, Guys?
    I cannot find a name on the stock anywhere, so I'm sorry I cannot help there, but I took a cheezy pic of it with my computer cam.
    I dont want to scratch or marr up my firearm, but I'd like to do the job myself as soon as the "sunsets".

Thanks in advance for any help/opinions Guys.

Note: Rifle is upside down, pointing inkpen at the pins, my apoligizes for the quality of the pic.

~Crpdeth

Attached Files:

2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Narrowed down.

Attached Files:

3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Methinks brass punch of appropriate diameter? Tough to tell, but those look like regular roll pins. Vise it up in something that's padded to prevent messing up the finish, then apply the punch and whack delicately with a hammer.
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Sorry Smashem, I have a problem giving detail, I guess this is that they call a blind pin...It only goes half way through.

The only way I can figure would be to find a tiny drill bit and go through the center of the pin (without touching the pin)to the other side, for a guide, then drill out the other side/punch 'er through.

Only thing I'm thinking is that the bit will be so tiny, that it will break...Someone suggested to just take 'er slow and easy, apply lube, and I'd be okay.

Maybe. :rolleyes:

~Crp
  5. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Is it a split roll pin with the typical slot down the length? You might try running either a left or right threaded tap into the hole in the pin, run it in a fair bit, and then snatch it out using the tap wrench. Just a thought.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Well, in my typical mode of "lets get 'er done now!" I managed to bugger the plastic part of the stock up a fair bit...But.

1) I got 'er done

2) The plastic is easily made new with J B Weild and paint

3) It was a cheap Chinese 55 dollar stock

Hey Feinstein is this proper finger disipline?

Attached Files:

7. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Coolness - looks like you got the right idea now.... I'm already looking for a 50 round Thompson Drum.... Kahr doesn't have one listed on their page , yet....