pistol grip on shotguns???

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by new sks 2005, Aug 4, 2006.

1. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

The Knox's are pretty good but from my experience go with just a pistol grip the foldin stock won't do nothin but hurt your shoulder.
    the plain pistol grip is better. AND if your doing a pistol grip on an a 12 gauge DO NOT fire it one handed like in the video that couldn't have been a 12 gauge it will be one of the biggest mistakes of your life I'll vouch for that. AND number 2 do not hold a pistol gripped shotgun up too your face to aim it that will be the other biggest mistake of you life. A pistol gripped shotgun is designed to be fired from the hip. Except maybe for a .410. With that being said the are fun and have good tactical purposes and home defense purposes.

If you doin this to a Mossberg 500 the sidewinder 10 rnd kit is fun
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

There are lots of facets to consider here Shooter, what is the load? If it's my 12 Gauge skeet load I dont even need a pistol grip to fire it one handed...A 3" steel shot Mag Load would be a different story after jacking my wrist up years ago, but with a pistol grip, and if the bet was high enough, I'd do it in a heartbeat. :)

Crpdeth
  4. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

When I was a kid we used to shoot a 12 ga Mossberg with pistol grip and 18" barrell one handed. It was not so bad. I would not do it over and over. The biggest problem was the ackwardness. The weight pulled the muzzle down making it hard to hold up.
  5. Crp is right; with skeet loads I find the pistol grip no big deal to shoot and not particularly punishing. With full power buckshot loads it's a different story, especially if you use 3" mags! The operative word there is "hurt!" :D
  6. southernshooter

I use 3 in. 00 Thats why I was saying don't try it one handed I have never tried skeet shot guess I need to give it a try
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I figured as much. :D

I guess the big question concerning shooting a shottie one handed is, why would ya? LOL

When we were kids fireing the 12 with one hand was a test of bravery, these days the only time I can see it being necessary is in Hollywood shootouts and of course on those occasions that we still feel the need to show our bravery. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Crpdeth
  8. southernshooter

I unfortunetly didn't have anyone to tell me that I neeed to use different shells and hold it at my hip. Ohh yea it was fun well when I bent my wrist back straight. I figured if it hurt me that bad I really don't want to be on the other side of it:) :)
  9. desertram800

desertram800 New Member

I shoot 3" 00 one handed all the time. When I go to the range I go to practice. I shoot from all positions, you have to be prepared to shoot from any. What happens if you're in a situation where you have to shoot one handed and you cant because you're too scared to or your shotty goes flying out of your hand? I also shoot weak side one handed. Just for fun I've shot two at the same time, left and right hand, pistol gripped mossy 500s loaded with 3" 00. I also practice shooting slugs from all positions, including one handed. If you're intending to use your shotgun for tactical or HD use, practising and getting used to shooting one handed can save your life (or someone elses).