1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Pistol gripped vs Straight stocked levers and Scopes

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by AngelDeville, Sep 17, 2007.

?

Which stock is best for a scoped lever action?

1. Pistol Grip

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Straight Stock

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. No preference

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've owned two BLRs in .308 with scopes on both of them and liked them very much. IMO you wouldn't be making a mistake by going with one with a straight stock.

It's gone both ways for me throughout the years; sometimes having more pistol grip levers around and other times having more straight stocked versions. It really doesn't matter all that much to me, I like both styles. Right now it goes three with PGs & five straight.

I see this is an old post so....
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. pricedo

pricedo Member

Then again I have a Pedersoli 86/71 with a pistol grip which I like very much.

Winchester has a new Miroku built M71 in the original .348 Winchester caliber which I would buy except the new 71s are all dolled up with lawyers tang safeties & rebounding hammers and other unnecessary stuff that weren't on the originals and they are over $1400 NIB:eek:.

Winchester says it's the lawyers in their legal department that are telling them to do clutter their guns with safety junk.

Funny Winchester has been reduced to a rump company and yet they still retain the old Oliver Winchester arrogance and haven't grasped that the customer is always right after all these years.

Well the Winchester lawyers can buy the saftied up their ying yang guns and I bought a 71 from an Italian maker which would sell me what I wanted.......the beautiful Pedersoli Model 86/71 in .45-70 GVT.