PIstol kit identification help?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by A Nomadic Hobo, Oct 7, 2012.

1. A Nomadic Hobo

A Nomadic Hobo New Member

Hi,

So I I was given this incomplete kit yesterday and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is? I'm planning on buying the trigger assembly and side plate this week, I know the lock is a L & R manton model# 1700P and I'm getting the manton side plate; but I don't know what this thing is, or what trigger to get, I know it's a .45 cal percussion cap and that's about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

lookup parts for lincoln derringers as the same lock plate is used by a couple repro outfits dixie has parts for lincolns in stock

you'd need the bridle, the pin, the fly and the trigger
  3. A Nomadic Hobo

A Nomadic Hobo New Member

Do you know if Dixie would have all those? And the pistol is at least a foot long, were Lincoln derringers that big?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  4. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

Try Track of the Wolf, they sell L&R locks.
  5. dustydog

dustydog New Member

Might have a trigger and triggerplate,the sideplate could be cut from sheet brass or steel,screws might be a problem if the holes are stripped on the lockplate,but it could be re tapped one size up,Looks like a very well done base for building a Mang style target pistol.What caliber does it appear to be?