Pistol ONLY Cleaning Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Gator, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

[I swear I searched the forum before posting this...]

I'm having a difficult time locating a pistol ONLY cleaning kit. Most of the stuff is either appropriate for cleaning everything from a .22 to your exhaust pipe or some cheap crap in a plastic wrapper (not a "box") or something they sell to LEOs for $150.

I don't need all that stuff. I'm just looking for something to clean/maintain a .380 (sig 232).

Should I just buy the component parts and forget the kit?

See Me: Newbie

Thanks
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

For just one hand gun I would get the components, I have a Otis pistol kit I like a lot but it is multi caliber and not cheap.
  4. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I would buy the components. My number one recommendation is a good cleaning rod.

I assume you are shooting jacketed bullets through your .380 auto. Jacketed pistol bullets shoot clean. Your SIG won't need much effort to keep it working.
  5. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

If you've only got one caliber, you could go with a kit or build your own kit using individual pieces. Will probably wind up being about the same price.

I built up my pistol kit from pieces (started with just 9mm and .357), but added new jags and brushes for each new caliber I acquired. I picked up a little Plano tackle box to store it in...has plenty of room for expansion as I added more calibers (jags and brushes). Takes up about the same space in my range bag as a couple 100-rd ammo boxes.

I've got better S/S one piece rods in both pistol and rifle length that usually stay at home on the bench, but this is my range kit...
    (Not shown is a small aerosol can of Kroil and bottle of BreakFreeCLP)
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010