Pistol Walther PPK cal 9m/m Kurz

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Luis Fernando, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando New Member

Please

Help identifying this pistol

Walther PPK 9 m/m Kurz .“antler 68”

Collector value ? Duragarde ?

Thanks

Luis Fernando

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

from the writeing thats on it i would assume its a german model , as for the value i see sum ppk's in 9mm go for new at about 500 , an the 380 models gor for 3-400 depending on condition an what not , but hey your ppk looks pretty nice so it should be up around 500 or more if its maybe a rare model .
  3. kx1a

kx1a Member

Indeed German made in 1968. These were the last PPKs to be imported pursuant to the Gun Control Act of 1968. Never seen one in that finish before. after market maybe??? Does it have the Interarms symbol on the front right of the slide. You don't show a pic of that area?
    Bill W
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Just MHO, but I don't think that finish is factory. It looks like the gun was sand blasted and nickel plated.

Jim
  5. ohdsmith

ohdsmith New Member

Post War, Ulm/Do Walther Manufactured under the license of Carl Walther. Some of these were Interarms import custom pistols sold with two clips and original paperwork and test target. This pistol is factory RHODIUM-CHROME finish... Some had polished flanks, gold trigger, hammer, etc.... Note: Hold on to your investment in this RARE pistol...Till the New Book is written...

Further: Please refer to the 1983 Interarms catalog p3 listing there "MODEL PPK/S NiVel" stating: "All the same trusted Walther features sheathed in tough, durable "NiVel" - a OPTIONAL FACTORY subtle matte-finish process of electroless nickel plating for all-weather service". "NiVel" finish - Interarms own trademark...
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  6. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Why were they trying rhodium as a finish? I have heard of it in jewelry (the numbers on some Hamilton watches were rhodium plated), but never in firearms. Industrial hard chrome would have looked about the same, and provided far more protection, as I understand it.
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Made post war 1955 - 1985 , The antler is the proof mark for the House of Ulm, Ulm Germany. It does not have any association with WWII nor the Nazi Party so it is not a collectible in that regards. IMHO you have a very good " using gun ". I'll let some one else guess at a value.
  8. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

You have one of the last German PPK pistols imported into the US. Made in 1968, it is a very desirable model, and when found new in the original alligator box, it Bluebooks for $1075. However, I have seen these go for as much as $1400.Since yours is used, but in excellent condition, it is worth around $750.