Pistol went to Graceland

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by K75RT, Aug 23, 2010.

1. K75RT

K75RT New Member

This is why stuff costs so much! I brought my S&W SW990L 9mm to S&W on 7/2/10 for replacement of the front and rear sights. Almost 9 weeks later after two calls for the status of the repair,I sent payment in as soon as I received the invoice. I was told that they shut down for the first two weeks of August. Today I get a phone call from FedEx with the tracking number so I went to FedEx's site to track. S&W is about 50 miles from my hometown in CT. I've been to the FedEx facility in East Granby it is about 22 miles from my home town...why the heck did my pistol have to fly to Memphis, TN which is about 1250 miles from my hometown? When I dropped it off at S&W they told me it would either be shipped back by FedEx or UPS, wonder if UPS would have sent it to one of their shipping hubs in who-knows-where only to be returned to the owner 50 miles from the shipping point...It is due here tomorrow, I can't wait to see where my pistol has been..:rolleyes: once the tracking is updated...

Aug 21, 2010 4:09 PMDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
    Aug 20, 2010 11:33 PMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
    Aug 20, 2010 10:03 PMAt dest sort facilityEAST GRANBY, CT
    Aug 20, 2010 5:21 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityWINDSOR LOCKS, CT
    Aug 20, 2010 4:22 PMPicked upWINDSOR LOCKS, CT
    Aug 20, 2010 12:40 PMShipment information sent to FedEx
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Both FedEx and UPS use the same system of routing. Any package shipped in the US goes to central hub and then back out to nearest ground hub. This means that if I send UPS from Moses Lake to Moses Lake, the package goes to Louisville, Kentucky, gets routed and only then returns to Moses Lake.

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Sad but true in many cases.

I can ship from Richland to Seattle, and it goes on a truck for next day delivery. If I choose any expedited service, it goes to Kentucky first.:rolleyes: