Pistols on-line?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Radioman909, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Radioman909

Radioman909 New Member

Am I hearing right that I can order a black powder pistol on-line and have it sent to my house on the Left Coast (California) without going through a FFL and the DROS fee? Is this right that there is no waiting period?
  2. stewswanson

stewswanson New Member

Yes- in most juristictions you can purchase and own a BP pistol(they are not classified as firearms) if you are not prohibited from owning a firearm (felon, etc.) Some localities such as San Francisco may have local laws that prevent all but felons from having a pistol.
    Stew
  3. rdstrain49

rdstrain49 New Member

No, it won't happen in my state too. We the people will not stand for it, nor would we stand idly by. Don't assume that a lack of backbone on the left coast exists in other states.
  4. Radioman909

Radioman909 New Member

Yes, after calling several dealers it is true, no waiting period, no DROS fee's and they can mail it to my house. Now .36 cal or .44 Cal in a 1858 Remington Steel frame Police model with 5-1/2 or 6-1/2 in barrel?
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The Pietta 58 Police is simply a shorter barreled version of the .36 Navy. Original Police revolvers were built on a smaller frame and were five shot. Just sayin.
  6. Pustic

Pustic Member

I get mine from the gun shows, cash and carry, my way of doing business.

The second from the bottom is also my avatar.

Pustic

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  7. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    if you lived in the usa where we are treated equally then yes,but in foriegn countrys such as california then chk for state laws. old semperfi
  8. tyc

tyc New Member

In it's own way California is about as weird as Massachusetts and Pennsylvania but odds are the answer is YES ... but again ... we are talking about California here and with that said, if I may suggest, check - www.http://forum.opencarry.org - and see what may be posted there regarding your state. Also and if you wish, check with one or more of the SASS organizations which I know are active in California.

Hope this helps.

tyc
  9. ofitg

ofitg New Member

From the California penal code -

The term firearm includes rifles, shotguns, revolvers, pistols, or any other device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile is expelled by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion. The term firearm includes the frame or receiver of any such weapon. (Penal Code 12001.) For the purposes of sections 12025 and 12031, the term firearm also includes any rocket, rocket propelled projectile launcher, or similar device containing any explosive or incendiary material whether or not the device is designed for emergency or distress signaling purposes. (Penal Code 12001.) The term firearm does not apply to a federally defined "antique" firearm for the purpose of dealer licensing requirements, sales or loans between private parties, or requirements to obtain a Basic Firearms Safety Certificate pursuant to Penal Code sections 12070, 12071, subdivisions (b) (c) or (d) of 12072, or 12073. The term firearm does not apply to federally defined "curio" or "relic" long guns over 50 years old for the purpose of transfers between private parties. (Penal Code 12001(e),12078(t)(2).)

An antique firearm is defined as any firearm that was manufactured in or before 1898 and is not designed or redesigned to use rimfire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition. This includes any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, regardless of the date of manufacture. Firearms manufactured in or before 1898 that use fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade are also considered antiques. (Penal Code 12020(b)(5).)

http://www.calgunlaws.com/
  10. nynomad

nynomad New Member

In New York - my understanding is yes you can just have a BP pistol mailed to your house. BUT you can't have powder and projectile and a BP pistol. Unless you have a pistol permit. The pistol by itself is legal. Rifles no restrictions.

As I said this is my understanding for NY. Cali might be the same might be diff.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011