Pizza Delivery Driver Fires Shots At Robbers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rocketman1, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Here is another one, right here in Columbus. Two teenage robbers armed with shotguns tried to rob a pizza delivery driver. When the pizza delivery driver approached the house the two teens came at him cocking their shotguns. The pizza delivery guy had his concealed carry, pulled his weapon and fired five to six rounds at the robbers hitting both of them.

One of the robbers was shot several times in the face.

So, this guy did the right thing just like the Internet cafe guy did the right thing as well. Shoot before they shot at you!

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...livery-driver-shoots-at-would-be-robbers.html
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

GOOD for him, :thumbsup: time to give these scumbags something to think about.

Makes me sick to see working people have to put up with these lazy SOBs.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If people start standing up to these punks they will learn they can no longer get away with this...
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, it does not appear that the pizza parlor owner is going to fire him for carrying on the job.

Guess that's a good reason to work for independents - not Dominos or Pizza Hutt, since they both, routinely, fire drivers that carry.
  5. Rocketman1

I think in that line of work, all pizza places that deliver should alow their employees to carry. The workers don't get paid much, so it's not worth the danger, unless you have a way of defending yourself.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Exactly!
  7. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Way I see it, I'd rather be canned than dead. They can stuff their pizzas where the sun don't shine.

Way to go driver. :)
  8. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Payback is hell at times. This was ne of those times.
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

He did the right thing, good for him. Maybe next time they will think twice about robbing someone.
  10. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

But the poor hoodies are the same oppressed minorities that we hear about all of the time. They'll walk and then some parasite lawyer will sue the driver and the Pizza owner.

Their mother, the Welfare Queen will wail about the injustices to her two honor student altar boys. She'll want a couple of million dollars for anguish.

Sad state of affairs.
  11. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I'd laugh if it weren't the truth. little hoods have records that date back a long time .Yet mom will tell us they changed. Yea right.Sad i see this so often im used to it.
  12. armoredman

armoredman New Member

"They was jest turnin' thier lives AROUND! I want justice, call the Revered Jesse, call Reverend JESSE!!!"
  13. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

when I was stationed in Ft. Benning I had a part time job delivering pizza for a small independant store. I carried a Jennings .25 in my left and 2 mags in the right back pocket. my boss said it was fine as long as it was unloaded.
    one night I made a delivery to a "house" with 2 guys sitting on the porch. just as I asked if they ordered some pizza 2 guys came from around the house. one had a bat and the other had a piece of chain. I litterally dropped the pizzas and grabbed the .25 and one mag, pulled the slide back and all 4 guys went running away. nothing but a$$holes and elbows.
    I went back and told my boss. he said "good job son". BTW, the boss kept a .45 under the counter by the register
  14. Rocketman1

Good story 68c15. I bet your glad they didn't have guns, because you probably would have had a tough time getting loaded in time. Good that it ended well.
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yep, I was one of those that got fired from Pizza Huh for carring a gun! The manager went out to my car, and searched it while I was in the shop! Found the gun, came back in and fired me! A close friend was fired from 7-11 many years ago for stopping a burgurly buy producing a hand gun in SD. He got lucky, and didn't have to pull the trigger!
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  16. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

When I was a teenager I worked for a local Pizza place. I asked the boss if I could carry a loaded gun in my truck on deliveries. He didn't say yes or no he said I don't know anything. I explained that I had just broken up with a girl and she was a little upset. She had ran over one of my dogs and taken and killed another. I explained that she then tried to run over my mother and grandmother and the police had been called. They could not do anything. My dad even called her father and asked him to get his daughter under control. Too bad her dad was so drunk he didn't remember to get on her the next day. My boss said you do what you need to do Brett. So I had a 357 in my truck at all times from then till she finely got over it.
  17. bakerconch

bakerconch New Member

Its a good thing you had time to load your mag. before they got to you.
    Wonder if the boss kept his 45 unloaded.
  18. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

don't I recall seeing that a walmart employee that stopped a robbery got canend too?

why is it corporate america is so negative.

in all cases we have heard of so far.. the 'cary person' is in the right / legal.. thus there should be no liability for the company. I know in florida you are SPECIFICALLY protected from liability claims.

guess the guy that got shot multiple times in the face may think about it a lil more the next time. if he lives / lived.
  19. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I, kinda, understand the store's point of view.

Let's say that Carver is out delivering for Pizza the Hutt. Two robbers approach, and in a blaze of gunfire, they go down for the count (Yea, Carver). And a bullet goes through my living room window and hits my TV/dog/kid.

Am I going to sue Carver, who has so little money he is delivering pizza for a living? Or am I going to sue Corporate Giant Pizza the Hutt, who has both deep pockets and a large insurance policy?

But when I go to sue Pizza the Hutt, their lawyer says, "Corporate policy is to give them the money. Drivers cannot carry weapons. Carver, you're fired".

Judge says, "It is obviously not Pizza the Hutt's fault. Sorry your daughter got shot".
  20. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

looks like I'd be going after the murderers. law states that if someone is killed inthe commission of a felony.. the 'perps' get charged with the murder. sounds like any assets they have will go to the person sueing.

on a slightly different note. I think we should bring back fireing squads and public hanging.

you are a bad person.. you get the full treatment.

might deter crime....