PK380

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mr.T, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I am considering picking up a PK380 for a smaller carry gun but I have seen some reviews floating around about them having consistent jam problems...has anybody on here had experience with this gun?
  2. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I have the PK380 as my carry gun and have put about 300 rounds through it, 260 of the target 90 grain FMJ and 40 of the Hornady TAP with no jams.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I have on several occasions. Same gun too. Its a range gun and either it won't feed fully or extract. Some blame ammo but I've tried several kinds. Same issue. I would consider something else. This gun ain't in true Walther fashion.
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

does smith and wesson have anything to do with this gun ?
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

My first thought is no, just a importer, now that your bring it up, the design takes more shape of what S&W has rather than true Walther. I guess they couldn't stop at the PPK;):(
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

get a CZ83. for the same money youd have three times the weapon.
  7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

it seems to be spuratic...I have talked to people who own them and some work fine and others jam often...did you send your's back to S&W to have it repaired? Im curious to know what they did to it if you did send it to them...

I've got the opportunity to pick one up brand new in box for $380 with the laser from the factory...its a fairly good deal and im still considering it. Talked to my local gun smith "not the person im buying it from" and he said he has sold multiple PK380's and hasnt seen any come back yet...

im still on the fence with this one...
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

if smith and wesson had anything to do with it's design even if it's made in germany ,i'd avoid it and get something different
  9. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Mine has been very reliable. I have sold several to different people and they all like them. None of them carry them as regular carry pistols though. Comfortable to shoot but too large to be comfortably carried in the real world
  10. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

Carrying comfortably largly depends on the holster, I got a crossbreed holster and belt for my PK380 and it is very comfotable, I even go on bike rides with it and hardly notice it is there. From my experience I would recommend a PK380, it is good for concealment and i have had no issues with reliablity.
  11. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Its a range gun so S&W won't extend the warranty to that gun. I've messed with it a couple times but not extensively to actually figure out what it is doing. The range isn't all that concerned about it. They would rather pull it out of rental.
    Ain't worth the headache IMO. There are to many others out there in that price range that function flawlessly all the time. I'd rather not spend the money on a "maybe it will work for me" piece and take a gamble. S&W is 6-8 weeks out on repairs, do you want to wait that long for personal protection?