Plastic parts in Henry .22 Lever action?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by BobbyWins, Aug 24, 2004.

1. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

I've been lookin' at these and have heard that they use some plastic in them. Can anyone tell me what parts they're talkin' about?

And while we're at it,what about the .22mag version?Any plastic in them?

Thanks,
    BW
  2. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

i can't say as far as the henry goes ,but the marlin/glenfields went to plastic to ,the trigger housing is what they put in plastic ,i have one of the older glenfield model 60 ,all metal ,and the marlin model 60 ,plastic
  3. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

I have a Henry Golden Boy and it does not have any plastic on it!
    It is one of my most favorite guns I own, I wouldn't trade it for the world!
  4. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Better check that feedthroat again. I just put a Henry Lever Action .22 across the bench that feeds high - it has a plastic feedthroat.
  5. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

C.G. no way do I have the expertise that you have when it comes to guns, but Was it a Golden Boy? Big difference between them and their standard lever! The feed throat on my gun does not appear to be plastic. I have sent an email to Anthony Imperato President of Henry Repeating Arms, to find out for sure. Irregardless I would recommend a Golden Boy to anyone.

You seem to like to hammer on my posts alot, you have an issue with me?
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  6. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Here is the email I received back from Henry!

Thank you very much for owning a Henry Golden Boy. The very early Golden Boys had plastic carrier, but that dates back to 1999/2000. We had since changed to metal the past 4 years. So it depends on the serial number. I would say most likely you have the metal part and if not I would change for you at no charge.

Anthony Imperato, President
    HENRY REPEATING ARMS
    110 8th Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11215 USA

Telephone 718-499-5600
    Fax 718-768-8056
    Email info@henryrepeating.com
    Website www.henryrepeating.com
  7. CountryGunsmith

Pa, you answered your own question. I specifically stated Henry Lever Action, which is the standard model. If I had meant Golden Boy, I would have stated Golden Boy. Henry rifles have had plastic feedthroats, both from my own experience and from your email doublechecking if I knew what I was talking about.

I make every effort to insure absolute accuracy on this forum, unlike other 'Ask the Experts' forums. Anyone in the market for a Henry should make sure the feedthoat is not plastic (they changed them for a reason).

I do not have an issue with you, Pa, so dont start that goofy crap with me.
  8. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

If you will notice all I stated was that My Golden Boy does not have any plastic in it, obviously it does not! You were the one who responded that I better check it again! I did and I checked with the manufacturer, If I gave any false info or led anyone astray I apologize! But I do not believe that is the case!

Im not starting any crap with you, wouldn't think of it! It was an assumption, obviously I was wrong for that I apologize!
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Pa, not to be a nit picker, but the email you received from Mr. Imperato states that the early model "Golden Boy" had the plastic carrier. I cannot see where the problem is! CG is not stipulating as to early or late model. Luckily your newer "Golden Boy" has the metal feed carrier. The earlier models did not! Let's play nice here, we all have info to add. :) :) :) :)
  10. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

I am playing nice, there is no problem. A question was asked, and the info was provided, as it should be. Thanks CG for the info it is greatly appreciated.
  11. CountryGunsmith

No problems here.

I would advise anyone that currently has a Henry lever action (whether Golden Boy or not) to check their carrier/feedthroat. If it is plastic, it WILL cause problems eventually - the cartridges will feed high. Looks like Henry is aware of that and will make the change for their customers. A big thumbs-up for that!
  12. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

Well,I guess that answers my question.
    Now I know what to look for.

Thanks to all!!(Especially you,Pa,for going to the trouble to make contact w/Henry.)

BW