Plastic vs 1911

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Wideboy04, Feb 20, 2006.

1. flopshot

flopshot New Member

GLOCKHEADS !!!? :eek: we were all being reasonable, rational, and curteous in asking for a forum when, out of nowhere we found ourselves in the midst of an unprovoked attack on our humanity. i think we've all been polite...

EEEZZ A WHICH !!!! BURN IM ALOIVE AT THE STAKE !!!!!! :D :D :D
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Geeze, not only do you like tupperware, but you guys have minds like collanders. Seems to me I remember another thread here that had a calling to take on another member of the Staff and try to convert him because you all had bad intel and couldn't get anything right. When you found out who you should have been dealing with, then all heck broke loose! Remember this???????????????

Brought to you from the first thread by none other than good ole PS! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p
  3. flopshot

flopshot New Member

smoke n mirrors, smoke n mirrors, there ya go again, first ya voted for, then ya voted against, tastes great / less filling... i never had sex with, uumm....
    hep me schutze i'm runnin out material !!!! :eek:
  4. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

JohnK3
    In all seriousness as long as you exercise your 2nd amen. rights, I don't care if a Clerk .22 is your favorite. You are right it is a matter of choice. If it feels good, you preform well with it, keep it.

NOW that said, GLOCKHEADS!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Us progressive types are not forceing anything on anybody.. We are defending our selfs from overbearing royalist who want to discriminate against us and not let us, gentler, progressive types, that's Glock Enthusiast to you, have our own forum. :p :D ;) :D :D :D
  5. Wideboy04

Wideboy04 New Member

Dear Plano sir, I appreciate the time and trouble you invested to educate me on the 1911 and Glock. To be honest I just skimmed over it. The issue here is not whether one is better than the other. :p :D Personally I like Glocks but don't want one. The Full size 1911 is nice but I don't need an extension for my manhood. ;) :D I have a Kahr PM9, Taurus PT111, a little plastic there, but hey I like fake boobs too. :rolleyes: I also have a Taurus M607 and a Taurus PT908, all steel there. Not for any particular reasons except I likem. :) The issue here is FUN. Who has Plastic and who has 1911. Now if you want to argue lets talk Harleys vs Honda. :cool:
  6. flopshot

flopshot New Member

"Now if you want to argue lets talk Harleys vs Honda"
    that's no fun !! they'd just take the same posts and swap "harley" for "1911"
    and we'd be right back where we started :D
  7. A most astute and incisive observation, Wide. I do think you may have hit the nail squarely on its head, as it were. Where is Mr. Freud when you need him? :D :p :eek:
  8. OK, hold on, calm down, and back up just a bit, both of you. It would seem the two of you have let this discussion evolve from what was intended (and, I think, taken by most of us) to be nothing more than something to have a few laughs over, to something that has serious meaning. If that impression is correct, then I must sincerely apologize for starting the first thread and contributing to this one. Give me a break, guys, I posted the "Marlin" thingy just to try and rib Marlin a bit, a guy whom I've come to know, resepct, and like a great deal here on TFF. The two of you, I might add, also fall into that same category. Was I trying to convert any of you to Glock aficionados? Hell no! That will never happen, and frankly, I couldn't care less. I've said before, and I will say again, both types of weapon have their proper place in the scope of things, in my honest opinion at least. I own and shoot 1911s and I own and shoot Glocks. Argument and discussion are the essence of human exchange, and laughter is the lubricant.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hey PS! I take no offense at any of this. I just like having these ribbings cause it has always happened and will not stop. Since the weekend, my machine at home had a problem and I cannot use the emoticons or any of the other shortcuts here when posting. This does not bother me and I guess I left out the emoticons when I posted what you quoted. Sorry if you took it wrong or if I posted it wrong. Now, get back to arguing! ;) :D :D :D :D :p
  10. Wideboy04

Wideboy04 New Member

No animosity intended here at anyone, all in good clean, well maybe not all clean ;), fun. I'm no gun fanatic by any means. Just like to shoot, rag on brothers whether it be guns, bikes, or their wives. :D :D :D :D :D :D . And I do appreciate any info I pick up here. :) The only thing I like better than taking a punch is giving one. :D
  11. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

1911 - Yes

Glock - Kaboom er I mean No.
  12. OK, inplano. Good to know. I just wanted to make absolutely certain we were all still on the same page of the hymnal, so to speak. This whole issue is merely a fun discussion to me, with a few barbed comments thrown in just for laughs and to yank a few chains.

Now, as to those 1911s, or should I say, those anachronistic mechanisms of the distant past . . .

Riddle me this, 1911ers, why is it EXACTLY that y'all object to the use of polymer materials on handgun frames? No, I'm serious. I've always had the impression that your objection is not truly based on their strengh of utility, but rather on traditionalism. Yeah, steel works fine for handguns, but it's so damned heavy! Why carry the base drum if you can waive the baton?
  13. flopshot

flopshot New Member

"all in good clean, well maybe not all clean , fun."
    wide glide has it pegged. and anyone that don't get it can k.m.a.
    it is all in fun
    but the glock is better
    i'm rubber you're glue!!!!!!!! :D
  14. Glockgod

Glockgod New Member

A Glock forum would be nice, even a "Tupperware" forum would be OK. But hey I like 1911 pistols too, just don't own one right now.
  15. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

Now, see how the mere mention that someone doesn't agree with them cause the GLOCKheads to act like a bunch of Muslims reading the funny papers. [grin]
  16. flopshot

flopshot New Member

i couldn't care less if someone doesn't like what i do. but the conversation always turns to "it's ugly", " ya can't change the grips", ya can't screw crap to it" pretty lame logic.
    and then comes the played our history lesson. yada yada yada
  17. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Here's the reason why I only trust good metal: My dad and papaw were boith pipeline welders and I have worked as a welder for several years. I know what metal does and how strong it is. I dont like plastic. It's too brittle. You get a defect and the whole thing is shot. I can fix metal. Plastic just goes in the trash can. Plus, I like the weight. I aint a gorilla, but a little weight in my hands feels good.Weight on my hip doesnt bother me a bit. I dont even know it's there. I've got a good belt and a good holster that support it well and that is the end of the weight issue. Plus, there are some advantages to the extra weight. If you're up close and feel like it, just wack them over the head. Not only is it better on you legally, it just makes you feel good. :D :D
  18. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I go along with what Country said. Metal gives more weight, but it tames more recoil. The balance of a 1911 is exactly over your hand. The gun does not want to tumble barrel first if you open your hand. It just lays there on top of your open hand because it's better balanced. Just my $.02.
  19. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Country, all my NEW hammers have synthetic handles. These NEW materials allow for comfort for the hand, but still allows a good accurate strike.

My, Isn't that what a Glock does??? :D :D :D :D :D
  20. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Wolfgang, when I think of a good hammer, I think of Eastwing. I've seen them old as dirt and been through hell and still been top shape. And they are metal. Just a little rubber to pad you hands. I'll drive my nails or drive tacks with METAL 22 oz or .45 caliber. :cool: :cool: :cool: