Please Help! .44 Cal Richland Arms Pistol, looks original?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Juggernuts, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Juggernuts

Juggernuts New Member

I have a gun that I inherited, a .44 Caliber Richland Arms pistol. I looked up the company and found out they stopped business in about 1986 or something, and that they had re-made this particular pistol. I looked at the newer ones and they all had numbers stamped on the bottom of the stock I think it's called? (The part your hand holds) But this one doesn't. The barrel has eight sides. If you were to aim the gun away from you, the very top side facing the sky, let's call that side one, and count clock wise. Side one has Richland Arms Co. printed on the very top with Blissfield Mich. under it. Side 2 has a Black Powder only stamp, Side 3 has a CAL 44 on it, and side 7 says Made in Italy. These are the ONLY stampings I can find on the entire gun. It's a muzzle loader, and the hammer can be cocked at two different positions. The barrel doesn't rotate when you pull the trigger or cock it. There is also nothing on the end of the barrel for aiming purposes.

If you need any more information please let me know. I will try to post pictures when I can.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

This is an inexpensive black powder muzzle loader reproduction made in Italy. It is a rough copy of an antique. Many of these pistols were sold in kit form and were put together by the buyers. Value is not much, maybe $50 or so.