Please help ID old shotgun. "Our Virginia" on side.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bdjwsp, Jun 1, 2012.

1. bdjwsp

bdjwsp New Member

I found a single barrel 12 ga. in my grandmas attic. She told me that it was my great grandfathers gun. My grandfather passed away two years ago and he was 82. Maybe that will help with the age. The gun has "Our Virginia" engraved on the side of the gun. The only other writing I can see is on the barrell which says "Genuine Armory Steel" and "choke bored". The gun is not in great shape so I really cant see/read anything else. Any ID'ing help is appreciated. Looking hard I can see "97300" on two different spots on the gun. Behind the trigger guard. On the side of the barrell when you break it open.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

You need to unlock your photobucket pics. I am getting "Forbidden" when I click on them.
  3. bdjwsp

bdjwsp New Member

ok. I added pics.Sorry.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I think the lettering that has worn off was " Virginia Arms Co. This was a Trade name used by H&D Folsom ( Crescent Arms Co ) on shotguns. IIRC Genuine Armory Steel was a barrel marking used by Crescent.
  5. bdjwsp

bdjwsp New Member

thanks for the info. Any idea about the manufactured date?
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

There is a contributor who stops by once in a while ( Anchor Clanker ) who has complied a listing of Crescent serial numbers. Other wise I would guess manufactured from 1920 to 1937. There is not a great deal of monetary value to these old trade name shotguns, maybe a hundred dollars so age is really not a factor other than to satisfy ones curiosity.