Please help identify an old rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sscheib, Dec 8, 2009.

1. sscheib

sscheib New Member

Hi all. My uncle just found an old rifle his father gave to him many years ago. His father claimed that the rifle was a relic of Nazi Germany, but we tend to think it was from an earlier non-Nazi period.

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our camera doesn't focus well enough to get the emblems on the barrel, but I was able to accurately re-create them in MSPaint.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The butt of the gun says: "Kaba Spezial"

On the top of the barrel, it says this: "Kaba Spezial-Pr├Ązisions-Karabiner Ges Gesch."

In german, it says: "Kaba Special-Precision-Rifle (Registered/Trademark)."

Also, next to the emblems with the "crowns", it says 'Flobert'.

Please help us.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Flobert was a French gunmaker, that designed target guns. Well, more "plinking" than "target", actually. Think "shooting gallery". The guns were, generally, extremely lowpowered. Most single-shot 22 shorts, or the ever punier 22 Flobert.

The proofmarks. The U stands for "Inspected", and that one was used from 1891 to 1939. The B is for Mauser M-71 powder, circa 1891. The G is for rifle, 1891 to 1939. So, yes, it is earlier than WW2.

I didn't mean, by saying Flobert was French, that the gun was. The marking on the gun just means it was chambered for Flobert ammo.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

4. sscheib

sscheib New Member

Thanks for your help, Alpo. Is there anyway I kind get any idea of how much the gun is worth?