please help identify

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by shuttle, Jan 5, 2006.

1. shuttle

shuttle New Member

I have an AK spin off, I guess you could call it that. looks close to an Ak with laminated thumb hole stock, its stamped Romak 99.1 Romarm/Cugir Made in Romania Dig VA Beach VA.
    SN. 1-06664-99 Its chambered for 7.62x39 but has single row mag.
    need help with a positive ID. I only have a couple 5 rd and a couple 10 rd mags. I'd like to research parts and acc.s Any help greatly appreciated.
    thanks shuttle
    puter problems are preventing me from posting pics at this time but it closely resembles an SSG-97 Romainian sniper rifle with a shorter barrel and forearm.
    thanks for any input. shuttle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Shuttle, I moved this up here to give it more exposure. Our resident expert on these type weapons is Sniper1952, but he is out of town at the moment. Maybe someone else will know the answer to your questions.

IPT
  3. shuttle

shuttle New Member

Thank you my friend.
    Also as soon as i get my puter crash taken care of i will get pics posted.
    maybe that will help. shuttle
  4. shuttle

shuttle New Member

Added photos, maybe this will help
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Shuttle,

That is definitely a Romak. (Romanian AK) These were produced and sold for a short while to get around the hi-cap ban. The single stack 10 rd mag looked better but actually didn't make for a good seller except they were real cheap! (inexpensive) I bought mine for $79.

They make a good beginner's rifle because they are so short.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2006