Please Help

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by charlestewart, Aug 12, 2010.

1. charlestewart

charlestewart New Member

Hi does anyone know where I can get a magazine for a 7.65mm Ortigies Deutshe Werke semi-auto pistol serial no 171070 also any history on this .
    Thanks
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

history i can help a bit .. the mag .. i'm in Australia so sorry there

the Deutshe Werke model was a 2nd generation after the original designer and maker went onto other things

he worked out how to do make it cheap and very reliable and sold or did a deal with the Deutshe Werke folks , the pre Deutshe Werke version is very much a collectors item and brings a high dollar

they have a excellent rep as a target pistol with one gent here still pulling great scores for a almost 80 year old firearm

The Deutshe Werke was ( i believe i may be wrong ) used by one of the US shooting team to get a perfect score against many other supposedly better weapons and shooters to win a world shooting title in the 30's

your magazine may be interchangeable with the 9mm version but check with a expert as i'm not sure when and what serial number they changed the butt lock

i worked on the gents one here and it needs no work .. its a great pistol with over 50,000 rounds through it that we know of ( not bad eh!!!)

we strip it bath its and reassemble it and its still a very nice pistol

do you mind if i ask what you paid for it ?

i've not seen one sell that i remember the price and as a semi fan of the thing ( it impressed me a lot) i would not mind looking for one myself or offering the gent here what it is worth

all up a nice weapon ..

cheers

jack

PS web site for you from my bookmarks

http://www.littlegun.be/arme allemande/a deutsche werke gb.htm
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  3. Esteban

Esteban New Member

4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

First I have heard of the Ortgies as a target pistol!

Unless you hit it lucky at a gun show, any magazines you get today will be repros.

Dis- and reassembly of those pistols is tricky, and if you don't know how, please ask.

Jim
  5. charlestewart

charlestewart New Member

It Was found in an attic I have no idea how to strip it but I have no magazine
    Thanks
  6. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    You really need to have it looked at by a qualified gunsmith before you do anything else. These old guns can have numerous problems and being in a damp, drafty attic for years can add to these problems. Have a gunsmith go over it with a fine-toothed comb, if he says it's okay have him show you how to disassemble and maintain it -- then pay the pesos for a magazine.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

good advice from mtnboomer , did not realize it was a attic find . do get it checked eh