Please never JOKE around with your firearm.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bakerconch, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I was sitting in my brother's living room in 95' cleaning our guns after shooting all day(I had my P90 and he had his 357 King Cobra). Next thing I know I hear a loud ringing. I looked at him and he was staring at his gun shocked. Needless to say there was a nice hole in his ceiling.

Now he checks his guns 3 or 4 times before he puts them up or cleans them.
  2. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I'm always checking my guns. I keep one loaded in the house, and the others are empty in the safe mags ejected. Every time I pick one up out of the safe, I check the chamber, and every time I put it back I check the chamber. Every time I hand a firearm to another person the gun is checked, and I don't like it when some one hands me a gun without doing the same. I will not accept it untill the show me the chamber is empty.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yup. open chambers when handing a weapon to another shooter.
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

When I was a kid I remember swinging the barrel of my BB gun in a path that crossed my uncle's foot. My dad jumped up, grabbed the bb gun out of my hand and told me that I could have just blown my uncles foot right off his leg if that had been a rifle. My BB gun got locked up in my dad's closet for a month, but that was a good lesson I never forgot. Muzzle swing is one of my pet pieves now, and it pisses me off to a point of confrontation when somebody swings a muzzle in a path that crosses me or anybody else in the vicinity. I don't care if you have the action open with your pinky stuck in the breech of the barrel...watch that muzzle and make damn sure it doesn't cross paths with any part of a person.
  5. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

JLA wrote: "Back when I was alot younger and just old enough to buy handguns I got me Heritage Roughrider SA revolver in .22mag. I was playing 'Doc Holiday' in the back yard fanning the hammer and getting pretty good at it. I drew and cocked the hammer for a single action shot and my wife hollered at me for somethin and I reholstered, and didnt lower the hammer. Then I said hey beck watch this.. I drew and squeezed the trigger to start fanning and it went off just as I cleared the holster (cause the hammer was cocked). the bullet struck the ground an inch right of my right foot and I had a nice powder burn on my waist where the muzzle and cylinder gasses expelled (.22 mag remember).. I about fainted. I thot I had just shot myself. Not once since then have I ever treated a loaded forearm as a toy. I leave the TV stuff on TV.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Josh, is this guy your mentor?

http://youtu.be/PfVZjbyzFGQ
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

har har har..
  7. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I knew you would appreciate that. lol