Please rate my used HK USP 45 purchase

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by The Count, Apr 11, 2011.

?

Please rate my used HK USP 45 purchase

Poll closed Apr 18, 2011.
  1. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OK

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Good

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. The Count

The Count New Member

got this today at one of my local gun stores. price was $519 plus tax. only one 12 round mag, nothing else. seems to have been a police gun as the magazine says law enforcement only. variant 7 pistol, DAO, no lever. did not shoot it yet. holster wear evident but nothing too bad. the frame has your usual amount of wear but again, nothing obviously bad.

was this deal poor, OK, good?

[​IMG]
  2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 New Member

I did not like my HK USP .40 S&W
    It seemed to have too much felt recoil and muzzle blast.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Hey count, it's about what most full size pistols go for these days, but generally for NIB. I do think HK is a quality firearm.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I've never seen any HK in any kind of decent shape go for under $500, so I think you probably did pretty well.

Won't know for sure until you shoot it, though. :D
  5. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

Nice buy I love mine
  6. The Count

The Count New Member

Took the gun to the range. The DAO LEM trigger job unfortunately sucks big time. Really hard to shoot this gun accurately, at least for me, without super trigger control. I am tempted to take it back and trade up to another used HK they had, a like new USP tactical with SA/DA....
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I'd say you got a good price on it. All the H&K's I've seen are expensive. Gander Mountain seems to be the only place in my area that carries H&K and this is a $750 gun out there.

As per the magazine, it was probably made when they still had the Federal AWB, where it would have been illegal to have a magazine with over 10 rounds.

Idk if I would have gotten a DAO. I hear the triggers on the H&K are a little heavy...

As far as the quality of H&K... I think they're one of the most accurate out-of-the-box pistols you can get for the money.

Good guns, but just seem a little big too. The .45 caliber model has bigger grips than the .40 and 9.

It's also an extremely tough gun from what I have read about them.
  8. The Count

The Count New Member

The LEM DAO just didn't work for me. Really should have thought about it before... Oh well... traded it in for a like new USP tactical TB the store also had. only 350 rounds through it. previous owner kept a log. cost me 400 more bucks but i am much happier (final opinion after i go to the range). came with 2 mags, paperwork, O rings, cami case, etc. Trigger is variant 1, MUCH better than the LEM DAO. Is the HK overpriced? Maybe so. But so is a Mercedes and a lot of other stuff. But this is a damn good looking gun in my humble opinion.

PS The little white specks on the picture are lint from the wipe down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. group17

group17 New Member

DAO is a deal breaker and I like HK's.