Pls help w/ questions/value O/U 12 gauge

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by george, Dec 3, 2008.

1. george

george New Member

Folks,
    I was provided this 12 gauge O/U shotgun as a thank you gift recently. The barrel is labeled Universal Sporting Goods Model 7812. A friend of mine says that the gun is labeled "made in Spain" but I can't find it right now to confirm (my eyes ain't what they used to be). Barrel is 28 inches long, trigger is gold, breach is silver, barrel blue. Lots of engraving. All metals in great condition--no rust, strong colors, few scratches. Wood parts also in great condition; lots of checkering(?).

Few questions: 1) How does this gone rank in terms of craftsmanship (scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest)? 2) What is approximate value of the gun? 3) How does the thing shoot--I see one trigger only? 4) Can you confirm the gun is probably 25 or 30 years old?

Thanks to you all in adance for your help.