PMC primers

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by springerbuster, Oct 2, 2009.

1. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

I have been looking for primers (like everyone else) and have found some PMC brand in stock online. They are advertised as non toxic. Does anybody know anything about these? Are they any good? A friend also told me that they have a short shelf life. Thanks for any help.
  2. res45

res45 New Member

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Awesome, hopefully everyone will flock to get some PMC primers thereby leaving the rest of the worlds normal primers for me... Mwahahaha;)
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

shhhhhhh......... just endorse them as the best thing since sliced bread!:D

I'll hold out for my Winchesters, although I have found that I like the magtechs just fine too.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I truly do not understand the concept of "non toxic" ammo. WHY? Is someone afraid that the toxins in a bullet is going to kill a deer and not that 150 grain slug!!
  6. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I had thought that the whole primer supply problem was resolved. My local shop has all the primers I could want now. I'm SO glad I didn't panic buy anything, other than a couple thousand WSPM's for about double their value, but that's okay. I've wondered the same thing about those PMC's, since they sem to be so readily available at GBdotcom and I assume other places as well.
  7. res45

res45 New Member

The whole idea behind the non-toxic primers is to remove the lead in the primer mixture,a lot of shooter shoot in enclosed indoor ranges with poor to no ventilation and are exposed to the lead and other heavy metal particle in the air from fired primers.

Over time exposure to lead vapors can cause lead buildup in the body and cause serious health issues the same thing applies to bullet casters who cast there on bullets and don't take the proper precautions with breathing the vapors or handling lead. I'm no environmental nut job buy any stretch,good common sense will go a lot further when dealing with the problem of lead than the BS and overkill of government regulations.

As far as the lead ban in bullets or shotgun ammo,a lot of that has to do with the California Condor a bird thats to stupid to survive on its own.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/California_lead_bullet_ban_moves_forward
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

great point res... very well put.
  9. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

That and you might need to shoot an intruder in your house. No sense in poisoning yourself at the same time.;)