Pocket Gun

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Deacon_Man, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I just purchased a .380 Taurus TCP 738 for my pocket gun. I am very pleased so far with the weight and size of it. It comes with a little fannie pack that fits on my belt to conceal it. I have a Taurus 9mm 24/7 but it is hard to conceal it under my clothes. I have a lot of health issues and cannot wear a inside holster. Has anyone had any experience wearing the fannie pack holster? I live down in Weatherford Texas. Do you think I will have a problem wearing it in public?
    Thanks for all replys.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

My daily carry is a Kel-tec P3AT in a Desantis pocket holster in my right front pants pocket. I do everything with it there, and so far I've never been "made."

The Taurus is about the same size. You should be just fine.
  3. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

I have pocket carried my sister-in-law's 738 numerous times. Easy to carry, very light and no printing. When she carries it, she uses the black box holster that Taurus provided. Great little gun. I normally pocket carry a PT145, also a very good CC.
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Congrats on the purchase. Please let us know how it shoots. I've read conflicting reports on people having FTF and FTE issues. Have you put 200 rounds through it yet?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Small pistols require a firm proper grip. I have seen people shoot my P32 with weak wrong grips and jam it almost every shot. Never misses a beat in my hand. 99% of the feed and extract problems can be taken care of with proper technique.
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Hey, DeaconMan, how did that Taurus turn out?