1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

points to ponder in the upcomming elections!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hunter29180, Jul 25, 2012.

1. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election....

I'd just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78

2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year

3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August

4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court — in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you're smokin' something funky...

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win...

Imagine this: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE, ERIC HOLDER!

After you have stopped gasping, kindly pass this on to your list of concerned citizens. :eek::eek::eek:
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good reminder. Thanks.
  3. agedhunter

agedhunter Member

Thanks I had to copy that and send it to a few friends.
  4. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

wishful thinking I was in diapers 1945 when the UN was formed. why don"t we put it on the national ballot to abolish it? also on the ballot ,should all those american made m1's ,that are stored in korea,be returned to it's rightful owners