Polish...not PolishShooter,Ah, heck you know what I mean!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/22/02 7:11:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Polish...not PolishShooter,Ah, heck you know what I mean!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the last box of media I purchased there was a small bag of polish, I didn't use any for awhile, but when I did, boy oh boy do those little babies shine!
    Does anyone know of anything else you can add to your media that will do the same?
    I thought, you know how turtle wax in the can will dry out when not capped properly, why couldn't you pound this into powder and use it? Any opinions?

~-~I'm your huckleberry.~-~

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/22/02 8:50:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Polish...not PolishShooter,Ah, heck you know what I mean
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Donny, My personal mixture is a mixture of corn media and walnut media in a ratio of 1:1. Fill as instructed in the tumbler, about 2/3 full. Then as for the polish, there is a new polish made by Flitz that is designed for the tumbler. It has no ammonia and therefore is not harmful to the cases. When tumbled for an hour, these babies shine better than new, by a large margin. It don't take very much of the polish to da a good job.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/22/02 10:43:35 pm)
    A very small amount of jeweler's rouge (the stuff women use to polish the silver with) is the basic ingredient of most commercial tumbler polishing additives.

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/23/02 4:50:42 am)
    Okay guys, thanks alot. This is a great help.
    ~-~I'm your huckleberry.~-~