Polls for criminals?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Redhand, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Why don't the talking heads publish polls conducted in prisons and jails and ask the inhabitants a few questions. Like do you support concealed carry in National Parks,restaurants,colleges,universities other recreational venues etc. Ask them if they would obey gun laws that restrict their being able to be armed. Ask them if they would obey one gun a month laws. Ask them what hoops they would jump thru to purchase firearms or be able to carry concealed.:eek::confused::eek::rolleyes:
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Well, they do have a captive audience.
  3. Lee C.

Lee C. New Member

Redhand, this is a easy one, All jail birds would vote for more restricted gun laws. It would make there jobs alot easyer in the end right.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

While I understand the implication of the original post concerning the need for less firearms restrictions, my reaction is I don't really care what some scumbag thinks. If he had a decent thought process to begin with he wouldn't be where he is. My though it ask them how they feel about 3 strikes and the needle.
  5. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

6. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Thanks for sharing that. I don't typically read things of that length from beginning to end as my attention span seems to be somewhat limited. This one kept me interested all the way through.

I was surprised to find out that the criminals are more proficient with their guns than a lot of police officers. I had always assumed they just picked up the first gun they could get their hands on and never really practiced shooting.
  7. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

JohnBrainard.

Here is another one for you. There are a few books I think that should be mandatory for law enforcement officers and all of Col Dave Grossman's books should be at the top of the list. His website is listed below.

http://www.killology.com/
  8. ARB

ARB New Member

This really doesn't suprise me. What suprises me is that this suprises other people. Gangbangers don't care, how profound.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  9. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Great link AgentWil. My point on this thread is that the gun hating press and their minions seem to only be threatened by law abiding citizens who choose to carry for their own as well as others saftey. They somehow miss the point that perps don't care about laws, concealed carry or otherwise. Their opinions are worthless in my opinion but their insight into their way of thinking and acting is invaluable. Get to know your enemy, because one day you maybe faced with their tactics and have to resort to the same.:confused:;)
  10. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I wont even consider reading anything reported from the FBI. The FBI has shown it inability to be accurate time and time again. The FBI is less than useless in my book.
  11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

12. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

This really doesn't suprise me. What suprises me is that this suprises other people. Gangbangers don't care, how profound.

I think you need to read it again.
  13. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

I wont even consider reading anything reported from the FBI. The FBI has shown it inability to be accurate time and time again. The FBI is less than useless in my book.

Once again I think you need to read it again. It is by Dr. lewinski executive director of the Force Science Research Center at Minnesota State University-Mankato not the FBI.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  14. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Exactly and that is why reports like these are so important because they have hard facts why gun control doesn’t work.
  15. ARB

ARB New Member

I, read it again. And, nothing in my statement was an insult to your post. :)
    Whoever, gets the first draw is more likely to hit their intended target first. Especially, if the other target is a person taken by suprise. (I would think)
    Obviously, LEO's should be more aware when dealing with a potential threat, i.e., what they are wearing and could it conceal a weapon.
    Yes, cops should get to the range more. That stat kind of suprised me.
    Police are more likely to hesitate in a hostile situation. Of course they are, they have more at risk than the nutjob on the other end of the gun.
    So on, and so forth.
    Just my opinion. Again, nothing in the report really suprised me. Take it with a grain of salt. I typically, don't try and tick off dudes that are 6'6" and weigh 300 lbs. No matter what state they live in.:cool