1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I started a couple new polls last night, and I set them stay open indefinitely (put a zero in the days until closing). Anyway, they both set to close in less than a week.
    Are we not allowed to make "open forever" polls anymore? Did I do something wrong? I definitely wanted these to stay open longer than a week since a lot of the time they're open will be a holiday weekend.

I don't think I can change the ones I have open now, but what can I do next time to make this work?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Josh, I usually set the polls for 5 days. Indefinate polls can be pulled up years later after the poll question is settled or firearm bought. Kind of a waste of space if you know what I mean.
    Do you need a few more days on them ??
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Mine were intended as "discussion starter" polls. The poll itself isn't all that important; it just often serves to keep a discussion going longer if the poll is still open. And I intentionally picked topics where the question will never be "settled" because they're completely personal opinion.

I'll probably just set them to a few weeks from now on.

Thanks Sam.